This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oily View Post
    Still not finished the car (have been working all weekend), but have managed to knock up a "How To" guide for the whole process.

Just a warning, there are 63 "500x375" pictures on the page, so give it a chance to load !

How to Guide

I don't know if a Moderator wants to review this & make a sticky if they think it's good enough ?
    Sticky material in the link above IMO
    Shane

Comment

Definitely.

Well done Oily on posting the Guide.

Comment

What about replacing the headlining of Audi 80/90, both B3 or B4? Removing the main lining is simple and quite the same as Coupe, but what about the sunroof. My sunroof has two separate parts (as see on the picture HERE). I couldn't figure out how to replace headlining there.

Comment

Not sure why this wasn't stuck but it has been now! Great write up. Any tips on how to cut to fit the material around the rear light hole? Also did you just remove the metal clips and not refit them again?

Cheers!
          David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Hi, blimey, this was a blast from the past !

All holes were pretty much done the same way - cut diagonally from the middle into the corners (not quite all the way into the corner), then fold the triangle over to the other side & glue.

All metal clips were very gently bent open, cleaned up if needed with a wire brush & bent back again. They are very thin, so just be gentle as with a car that is 20+ years old, there is a good chance they will break !

Good luck !

Comment

Working...
            X