Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuwSy
    Rats... ok thanks.

After further digging about I have an oil leak and head gasket to be replaced so its off the road and in pieces now. Perhapse this was throwing everything off although yet to workout why it blames the MAP in this instance.
    Did you do a boost leak test?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Not saying its a false code but its unlikely to the map sensor itself and more likely to be something as simple as a kinked pipe/split hose to the map sensor. If you have a mityvac or similiar you could isolate and test the plastic pipe from the engine down to the ecu to see if it all holds up.

Comment

Originally posted by HuwSy View Post
        Rats... ok thanks.

After further digging about I have an oil leak and head gasket to be replaced so its off the road and in pieces now. Perhapse this was throwing everything off although yet to workout why it blames the MAP in this instance.
        Because you probably have absolutely 0 boost and there is a correlation error.
        Do a leak test.

There is a check:
        IF:
        TPS > x AND
        RPM > y AND
        MAP < z
        THEN
        Throw map fault, go in limp mode.

You're welcome.
        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Well a lot of the hoses are off at the moment along with the front of the car and the top of the head etc. Although not by my doing this time as I wasn't willing to take on the head gaskett myself after how long a cam belt took me. Once it's back together with any suspect hoses replaced in the process I'm hoping it's resolved in the process. If not I'll go on a leak test route before a map replacement. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X