Logging issue - any suggestions would be great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging issue - any suggestions would be great

Hi guys I recently purchased a S2 (ABY) which was tuned by PRJ – has RS2 turbo, 440cc injectors etc and made 350hp 490nm peak boost 1.8 bar with perfect lambda.
    Anyway I’ve been collecting parts and wanting to push things further with some flavour of a EFR.
    Yes I know going aftermarket would be easier route etc but I wanted to give tuning the stock ECU an attempt.
    My first issue is getting logging to work but Im not getting any data stream - I’ve read the wiki and done the following:
    Can connect to the ecu after doing a WOT with my USB Hex 2 vcds cable just to prove the wiring is good:

By passed the stock IMMO box and joined the two green wires, The immo box is still plugged in but the two green wires are no longer going to the unit

I’ve installed WInlog on a Win7 machine 64bit and got the WinlogM232FastDiag.dll and then configured the comm port to match between device manager and WinLog,however I get no data stream.

Cables I’ve used are VAG KKL:

Then tried a BMW INPA K+D-CAN cable:

Here is a short video maybe someone can spot my error:

https://i.imgur.com/0bjmobf.mp4

Additional information is I’ve tried on a second laptop with win10 64bit but again the same issue

Cheers
    Bobby
    Last edited by bobby singh; 25 February 2022, 16:15.

Have you modified the ECU to be mafless and installed the PRJMod chipset?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

When you install the PRJ mod chipset the KKL adapter goes straight to logging mode. You have to switch on ignition with WOT to switch to Vagcom.
      Last edited by newsh; 25 February 2022, 17:58.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
        When you install the PRJ mod chipset the KKL adapter goes straight to logging mode. You have to start the car with WOT to switch to Vagcom.
        Hi thanks for replying currently the ECU has not been modified for mafless (SD) that's something to do at a later stage for now I want to be able to log.
        When I opened the ECU it does have a 4 bar map sensor installed which is already a bonus.

Yes Im aware that you have to do WOT in order to get VCDS working - which is how I got my first screenshot above.
        Off course if you try to connect vcds without WOT then no response from controller.

The KKL nor the BMW cable appear to be working for me.

The config appears to be correct but maybe I've missed something.

Cheers

Comment

Ok yes, I reread your post. It’s a long time since I did this so don’t remember all the setup, I know I had to install a port splitter but I guess that was for running tuner pro along with logging.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I think that you are not doing anything wrong, your ECU is most probably tuned by prj in times when he didn't use "prjmod" in form as it is available today. In order to get datalogging working, you have to do required hardware mods and use designated .bin files for it. Even if you do the mods to ECU, your current software is incompatible with prjmod. Sure it can be made to work, but it requires extensive modifications to the software.

Comment

Originally posted by tekstil View Post
              I think that you are not doing anything wrong, your ECU is most probably tuned by prj in times when he didn't use "prjmod" in form as it is available today. In order to get datalogging working, you have to do required hardware mods and use designated .bin files for it. Even if you do the mods to ECU, your current software is incompatible with prjmod. Sure it can be made to work, but it requires extensive modifications to the software.
              Hi if thats the case then why do i need to do wot to connect vcds? From my understanding the wot action is to deactivate fast logging to connect vcds.
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bobby singh View Post

Hi if thats the case then why do i need to do wot to connect vcds? From my understanding the wot action is to deactivate fast logging to connect vcds.
                thanks
                You are right about deactivation, I just think that you might have some other revision of the software (depending on when it was tuned) that differs from the prjmod thats available today in m232 wiki.
                You have to remember that Dmitri developed all this over the course of years and i'm pretty sure that datalogging logic and implementation changed alot during this. He tuned MAF cars, speed density was added later on, he was able to tune the cars at any given time, just the methods and tools he used changed and evolved with the time.

Comment

Just for closure on this topic I was able to get logging working with the files from the repo so wiring and config was all good apart from the chip dataset which was old PRJ tuning with no fastlogging enabled.
                  Thanks

Comment

As a note here - that map is pretty much a generic map, it should not have any extra logic, hence why it did not work. But all good in the end.
                    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Working...
                    X