My radio signal is rubbish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My radio signal is rubbish

I've lost my radio signal all of a sudden...it was fine 2 weeks ago but all of a sudden stopped ...the aerial is pushed in OK at the back of the set .
    Is the aerial powered on these cars

Also have the same issue, it's another job on my to do list.

Comment

Yes the aerial is powered, switched on by the radio. They do go wrong when water gets in. Or sometimes after a thunderstorm.
      You can access the aerial base by removing the rear dome light to measure if it’s getting power. There’s a small spade connector on a white wire?
      I need to change the one in my RS4, I can only get a couple of really strong stations, radio 2 and 4 here at home I think. Pretty sure it was lightning that got that one, we live on a bit of a hill with some real big trees around.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
        Yes the aerial is powered, switched on by the radio. They do go wrong when water gets in. Or sometimes after a thunderstorm.
        You can access the aerial base by removing the rear dome light to measure if it’s getting power. There’s a small spade connector on a white wire?
        I need to change the one in my RS4, I can only get a couple of really strong stations, radio 2 and 4 here at home I think.
        Do you know which wire powers it because I've been messing with my wires to get a ignition feed

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesey View Post

Do you know which wire powers it because I've been messing with my wires to get a ignition feed

Does your car still have its ISO connectors?

A5 goes live when radio is switched on. I *think* it’s a white wire in the car but not sure.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

Does your car still have its ISO connectors?

A5 goes live when radio is switched on. I *think* it’s a white wire in the car but not sure.

Thanks mate .
            Mines only got 4 wires on the live iso plug ...1 permanent live , earth , white wire and a very thin brown

Comment

out of that lot you'll have blue/white for speed signal, blue/red for 12v, grey/blue for illumination, white for antenna, brown for earth
              Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
                out of that lot you'll have blue/white for speed signal, blue/red for 12v, grey/blue for illumination, white for antenna, brown for earth
                I'll get some shots later , definitely no ignition feed.

Comment

You'll want antenna, funnily enough.

Comment

Audi have never had an ignition feed to the radio on these cars. It's battery 12v only via fuse 4.
                    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

That’s correct. There’s a thin red on the back of the ignition switch that’s stays on till you pull the key.

Anyway, take the switched power out from the radio and connect it to the white to power the aerial

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesey View Post

Thanks mate .
                        Mines only got 4 wires on the live iso plug ...1 permanent live , earth , white wire and a very thin brown
                        To get the radio to work with the 4 wire ISO you have to connect both constant and switched from the radio to the 12v on the ISO

Or if the radio is ISO then bridge A4 and A7

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I replaced the amplified base on mine years ago and the radio reception was still rubbish.
                          91 Modded 3B
                          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                            I replaced the amplified base on mine years ago and the radio reception was still rubbish.
                            Me too
                            Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                            S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                            '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Stuck a merc sprinter item on mine, better, but not great still.

Comment

Working...
                              X