S2 coupe roof aerial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
    good to hear. have you been able to test it in a proper Scottish rain? That's when mine started to leak, the drizzle we have here is no problem for the seal
    Ha, no not yet, its been unusually dry here, I'm fairley confident it will be ok, seal looks good quality, fitted with a smear of silicon grease and even reused original fitment nut and washer underneath ... hope ive not spoken too soon
    1995 RS2 Nogaro
    1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
    1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Comment

I don't know how people have been removing their aerials as it never seems to get mentioned...I find this strange as without having the headlining out it is a pain in the backside enough of a job that i'm surprised it has not been a post in itself. Today i have an inspired bit of thinking and transformed an old spark plug box spanner into the perfect tool for undoing the fixing nut.

It is rough but took a lot less time than rummaging through my tool box for an existing tool to do the job.

22mm plug box spanner.
      cut slots into each of the 6 points
      open out 22mm to thr 23.5mm my fixing nut was. I considered a blob of weld to hold it in place but these are low torque fixings and it was fine.
      push out rubber plug grip inside the spanner to allow coaxial cable inside.
      celebrate with cup of tea.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Alright guys.

Currently got my headliner out changing over to a metal sunroof and of course re trimming the headlining. My aerial looks all faded and past it's best so looking to get buy a decent quality replacement, some people have mentioned an ebay one looks and works spot on, has anyone got a current link to the aerial as previous links don't work.

Cheers
        Gordon

Comment

If you fancy installing DAB then I can highly recommend a Calearo ANC7677932. It secures and seals as per OEM and it also has the correct coupe angle. It is quite expensive, but I found one for £70 and would say it was worth it if you want DAB.

There's a bit more info here: https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...acement-option

Avoid the Beru one whatever you do!

Comment

Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
            Alright guys.

Currently got my headliner out changing over to a metal sunroof and of course re trimming the headlining. My aerial looks all faded and past it's best so looking to get buy a decent quality replacement, some people have mentioned an ebay one looks and works spot on, has anyone got a current link to the aerial as previous links don't work.

Cheers
            Gordon
            I bought this one a couple of weeks back:
            https://www.ebay.de/itm/272828836373

It looks exactly like the one currently on the car , even the plugs match to the S2.
            I haven't installed it yet but I expect no issues with it.
            This version does not come with a new nut and foot seal.

Dont know if the one currently on ther car is from when car is new or if someone fitted it after, but it does have an Audi part no on it.

This gallery has 1 photos.
            Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
            http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

Ok guys thank for the info, i'll check these out. I discovered yesterday that the aerial amp on my car has never been powered in my 8 years of ownership. Hopefully that will explain why I've had a terrible radio signal all these years.

Looking at the aerial on my car it doesn't have an Audi part number on it so no doubt been changed at some point prior to my ownership.

K.alle- The link you posted doesn't have the same type of coaxial fitting that's on my aerial so doesn't look plug and play. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Colesy- We have a terrible DAB signal on the island so wouldn't get much benefit from one up here, in saying that if I don't find a cheaper alternative I may very well go for it since you recommend it.

Comment

Anyone tried this aerial?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005GU9M...on_feature_div

Comment

Looks like a generic one to me...
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

This one looks like the right plug and play version https://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Genuine-...-/152696184763

part number for reference is: 2D0035505

sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                      I don't know how people have been removing their aerials as it never seems to get mentioned...I find this strange as without having the headlining out it is a pain in the backside enough of a job that i'm surprised it has not been a post in itself.
                      I just unscrew the four screws on the plastic rear trim which are accessible when you open the boot of the coupe, pop that out and you can then remove the rear light and have ability to slip a swan neck spanner in between the roof and the headlining...
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                        This one looks like the right plug and play version https://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Genuine-...-/152696184763

part number for reference is: 2D0035505
                        I did notice this one myself yesterday and thought it looked very similar. The Mercedes branding kind off put me off though initially. Anybody else ordered this one? Cheers

Comment

These sockets are what’s needed to remove aerial. Just pop the light out and it’s easy!
                          This gallery has 2 photos.
                          sigpic
                          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                          Audi UR Quattro
                          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

What are these type sockets called Tom? Could a 22m lambda sensor socket also be used do you know?
                            Last edited by Nuvo; 28 October 2018, 10:05. Reason: typo

Comment

is there anything that could just cover the hole AND that would look near OEM? not needing an aerial since not listening to radio in the S2 anyway

Comment

I'm sure I just used an open ended spanner on mine....

Henkjan, try one of these : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Uni...-/192593664019 if you don't want an aerial at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X