This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcandmar
    Corey have you any experience with seam welded subframes, is there a noticeable difference?
    Who said anything about subframes?

driven a few cars with them done though and liked how they felt, when compared to stock
    Corey
    01636 822288

Comment

Can someone tell me wha type i have from the pic. Im looking into polybushes so i need to know what type i have, thanks.
      Attached Files
      3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

they are the small bushings in the front, cast, check rear also

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

that would be a cast type you have there
          never set your expectations to high that way you are never disapointed

Comment

Thanks for the reply, now to look for the best place to get the powerflex bushes any ideas?
            3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Hello, so the best are the cast types for S2 Coupe ABY and RS2? What do you think about the complete front and rear Powerflex kit for the RS2? Is true that the RS2 can mount different diameter of anti roll bar if have the comfort pack or not? And S2 Coupe ABY? Thanks a lot!
              Alessio
              My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
              Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
              Audi S2 Coupe ABY
              Audi S2 Avant
              Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

Originally posted by stevieyid View Post
                Thanks for the reply, now to look for the best place to get the powerflex bushes any ideas?
                I've just recently bought a set of bushes for my Avant from Larkspeed. (Advertised on ebay)
                They were the cheapest I could find online.

Matt.
                Ex owner of a 1993 Silver Avant - RS2 spec.
                2002 A8 sport 2.8 quattro Sold
                2003 A6 Avant Tdi
                Mk Indy 2.0 pinto circa 160 Bhp
                2004 VW Caddy SDi
                2002 Civic Type R

Comment

Originally posted by MattS2 View Post
                  I've just recently bought a set of bushes for my Avant from Larkspeed. (Advertised on ebay)
                  They were the cheapest I could find online.

Matt.
                  Are of good quality for you or not? Thanks a lot! Bye
                  My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
                  Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
                  Audi S2 Coupe ABY
                  Audi S2 Avant
                  Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

cast type control arm for S2 Coupe

My front right control arm is bend (pavement lol) Just the one of the two but not badly though. Obviously now alignment is out. Tried to find replacement new or used but living here in Africa it is basically impossible. Even Audi SA cant be of assistance. Someone is prepared to heat it and make it straight then enforce it with steel into the H-shape. Do I take that chance or not?

Comment

i would look up audi breakers on the net . there are a few in uk , they will send you the replacment wishbone.

Comment

Are front and rear arms interchangeable?

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                          Are front and rear arms interchangeable?
                          No Des, the rear to front are offset by aprox 1or2 inch, I had a look at this when there was a few kicking about, it would be good to have the three holes at the back eh?? I think Arron (speedingG60) put four cast wishbones on his drag coupe but put them on opposite left to right and upside down, tho the rear wheels were not perfect in the arch

Obviously the typ85 & s2 front wishbones are different with 2&3 holes, can someone confirm the rear wishbones are different?

Comment

I will give it a try ans see what it looks like on s2 running gear in a urq

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                              I will give it a try ans see what it looks like on s2 running gear in a urq
                              sounds good, i am going to go that way with my typ8590 with S2 running gear. dont think that wee bit will make much of a difference

Comment

I have fitted cast arms on the rear of my shorty.

Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X