No announcement yet.

Clunk noise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats going on here? There's a topic on something, it get's magically contagious and spreads the disease to my baby aswell :wacked:

Since a week I've been hearing a clunking sound from the front right hand side when the car tilts up and down (going over bumps for instance). I can hear it too if I push the right front of the car down with my hands, *clunk / poing / ping* sound. Could this be a ball joint or is my shock dying on me :confused:

Oh, it's getting worse too
    *ZR* S2 R.I.P.
    Visit *ZR*'s Hideout!

Comment

i'd check your ARB drop links for play first. then your ball joints and finally your top mounts.

Greg
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
        i'd check your ARB drop links for play first. then your ball joints and finally your top mounts.

Greg
        Excuse my ignorance, but what does ARB actually stand for?
        *ZR* S2 R.I.P.
        Visit *ZR*'s Hideout!

Comment

Anti Roll Bar
          ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

clunks on mine were the balljoints and the wishbone bushes or lack of them!

Check it before you get the inner inch of your wheel slick!

Cheers,

David
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Resurrecting this one again.... car is swerving badly now under breaking and very bad tramlining... gonna check out this evening, is actually quite scarey under braking sometimes...

Gonna check them powerflex bushes and try blag some new ones for free.
              Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
              2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by Dr H
                I've ordered 2 rear ones from VAGPArts and they were £25.17 + VAT for METAL ones listed as RS2 parts. If you order the S2 part you get plastic. Apparently they are identical is size etc just the material is different

that is correct the S2 ones are plastic and RS2 are Metal, i plan to order some when i get the RS2 Front ARB.

I also have clunking noise but i can't figure it out what it is and i'm not technical enough to work out if my ball joints are gone.

Comment

Working...
                X