No announcement yet.

KW V3 Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I would check with KW but as Alex has suggested, the main spring p/n seems to indicate the spring rate and free length. The reply is below:

The 60N/mm spring is found in kits designed for a front axle weight of up to 950kg.

The 70N/mm spring is found in kits designed for a front axle weight of 951-1100kg.

Of course there is a tolerance on all springs.

However there is a difference between the stated spring wire diameter between the TUV documentation and the spec for the main spring in the KW catalogue, 10.8mm vs 10.5mm for the 70-170 for example. Not sure how Albert has come to the 87/67N/mm !

Comment

Ok
      Had a bit of a breakthrough on this and I’m feeling a bit stupid..
      After driving the car more lately I worked out that I’ve been driving a really bad bit of local road with some horrible bumps which was misleading me. So I set the clickers back to stock rebound with just a little stiffer bump damping. It was suggested that I set the Whiteline RARB to the softest position to see if it would make the ride more supple and in moving the droplinks to the end position I noticed the anti roll bar was really stiff in its bushes. In fact with the droplinks completely disconnected I actually couldn’t move it
      So after cleaning everything off and coating in waterproof grease my rear suspension is working as it should!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Good to hear. Would be interested in where you are with the bump and rebound adjusters.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

All stock settings except rear bump is 2 clicks stiffer

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
            Ok
            Had a bit of a breakthrough on this and I’m feeling a bit stupid..
            After driving the car more lately I worked out that I’ve been driving a really bad bit of local road with some horrible bumps which was misleading me. So I set the clickers back to stock rebound with just a little stiffer bump damping. It was suggested that I set the Whiteline RARB to the softest position to see if it would make the ride more supple and in moving the droplinks to the end position I noticed the anti roll bar was really stiff in its bushes. In fact with the droplinks completely disconnected I actually couldn’t move it
            So after cleaning everything off and coating in waterproof grease my rear suspension is working as it should!
            Glad to hear its working right now. My whiteline has seen better days now but will check that it moves as its been on a long time
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S

Glad to hear its working right now. My whiteline has seen better days now but will check that it moves as its been on a long time
              Yeah the white paint is long gone! It needs blasting and repainting really!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Mine too, will give it a coat of por15 to get it by for now i reckon
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Glad you are happy now! I decided to just order new. 5 days and counting. Looking forward to seeing some more shiny things on the car!
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                  Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

They’re really nice, I changed the 2 rear tyres yesterday, couple of minutes with a brush and some shampoo and they look new again. Gotta love stainless.
                    Having got the arb freed off I can at last feel what the car is doing. Still stiff but he crashy feeling is gone. Been through this before with the wishbone polybushes going dry and getting very stiff so should have sussed it earlier.
                    I’ve used this Blue Putoline waterproof grease, hoping it will last a while ..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

How are you getting on with these Newsh? My V1 are shot and I'm 99% going for new V3s (Getting the more comfortable 950kg- version). As I've had the car 6 years now, I'm progressing more towards a comfortable feeling car rather than all out performance.
                      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui
                        How are you getting on with these Newsh? My V1 are shot and I'm 99% going for new V3s (Getting the more comfortable 950kg- version). As I've had the car 6 years now, I'm progressing more towards a comfortable feeling car rather than all out performance.
                        Pretty good now, i don’t think it’s ever going to be comfy though, but it definitely goes round corners

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Hi folks

I'm so tired with my inox v1 version, that I thinking about buy v3 model.

My avant has polybushes, rs2 arbs and some cms lowered

I'm so tired with little bumps in the car that I can't run faster or drive hard on turns.
                          It's like a cheap coilover kit...

The kit isn't too old and it works likr that since the first day.

Do you think that the v3 works great?
                          I must buy the non AirCon version? (Softer springs)
                          Where I can buy it? I saw some different prices
                          prices
                          I need WhiteLine or H&R rear ARB?

Thanks a lot

Aritz.
                          photobucket SUCKS
                          sigpic

Comment

V3 is the same, can’t drive on bumpy roads

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                              V3 is the same, can’t drive on bumpy roads
                              WTF?!!!
                              Seriusly?!

Here we can a lot of turns, bumps etc. on our roads. Are so mountain roads...
                              I'm very very dessapointed if it's true...

I will not buy other suspen for around 2k euros if it's the same sh.it like the v1
                              Fu.ck...
                              photobucket SUCKS
                              sigpic

Comment

Cant believe they build them like that .You spend £2k on suspension that it's only ok for good quality roads .

Comment

Working...
                                X