Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Avant/sedan springs. Options?

Hi,

One of my spring on S2 in broken. I need to replace it.
    Does someone know where i can get lowering spring?
    Ideally i prefer if they are little lower than original(1-2 cm).

Many thanks!

No one?

Comment

You could try the H&R kit. Others have had custom springs made or switched to KW's
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

As Greg says KW 1 if your budget can extend that far. H&R springs lower a B4q beautifully, and give it a great 'stance', but it is a stiffer ride than standard, and you'll need resh Sachs or Boge Shocks, if you don't want the extra stiffness of Bilstein. The H&Rs will not work well with old tired shocks as they won't be able to damp / adequately control the stiffness of the H&Rs.

HTH a bit, but tbh, it depends what you want from your car - daily comfort or more track focused - Await your reply.

Thanks.

Comment

There is a single S2/RS2 spring for sale on ebay at the moment. Handy if you just want to replace what's broken!

Comment

Thank you for your help. I will love to have KW1-s but its out of budget right now. They cost 1200€ sadly.
            I know that mt shock also have little tired and need to change. So i need to buy Bilstein B6 someday.
            I dont want that my car is like on tracks, it is daily driver and i want comfort. H&R i have heard is not good choice because its very hard.
            What optsions i still have? In BMW i have using KW springs and they are like a dream. Compared oem springs they are more comfort and in track they are firm. How they do that?

Comment

More help please

Comment

I have heard that HR springs are horrible options to S2. Also there are diffrent types of HR springs to my S2. I dont know what code is right..?

Comment

I have a set of S2coupe springs that have been professionally shortened, painted and never used, willing to sell.. I bought them from a forum member.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed, you need springs for an Avant!
                  Last edited by newsh; 19th February 2018, 22:59.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                    I have a set of S2coupe springs that have been professionally shortened, painted and never used, willing to sell.. I bought them from a forum member.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed, you need springs for an Avant!
                    Hi, Yes for avant/sedan. But front spring are the same i think?

Comment

Working...
                    X