Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4x108 to 5x112 conversion: B4 80 Quattro ABC V6 Sedan - What discs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is possible to use T4 hubs for 82mm rear, but needs maching on the "shaft" part.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro
    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Don't see why not, as long as the spline pattern is also correct.

Though obviously it'll change the offset of the wheels due to the extra thickness of the wheel bolt flange, though I guess that could also be machined down, just means more work.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Splines are the same. Shaft part must be machined to make a step for the bearing and cut shorther at the same time.
        1989 Audi 80 Quattro
        1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

As known the rear B5 A4Q hubs gives ~10 mm more offset,

Any 82mm front hubs that gives more offset than std s2 hubs ?

Comment

S2 front hubs and C4Quattro rears have the largest offset possible (speaking of bolt-on and near bolt-on applications).

Comment

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
              S2 front hubs and C4Quattro rears have the largest offset possible (speaking of bolt-on and near bolt-on applications).
              ok, thnx, but, any non "bolt-on and near bolt-on" alternatives ?
              ( Got a friend who has access to a lathe ... )

Comment

Ok so continuing to figure it out.

Have managed to get the rear all sorted and mounted up.

Issue is with the front as I am now running into issues with the front discs. I appear to have a single piston front caliper (Not G60 from what I've managed to read online) and the discs I have on hand are 286mm don't seem to fit.

I looked into S2 OEM discs which are 276mm but 25mm thick and it appears the max thickness that I can use require 22mm.

Anyone come across this and have any suggestions on a disc that is 276x22

Appreciate everyone's patience with my said novice ability here.

Comment

The V6 should have G60 twin pot brakes using 276x25mm as standard equipment.
                  The G54 single pots can use either 256x22 or 280x22mm discs depending on the model year and brake carriers.

Personally, I'd recommend sourcing the correct G60 calipers and carriers first and order the OE fitment 276x25 discs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                    The V6 should have G60 twin pot brakes using 276x25mm as standard equipment.
                    The G54 single pots can use either 256x22 or 280x22mm discs depending on the model year and brake carriers.

Personally, I'd recommend sourcing the correct G60 calipers and carriers first and order the OE fitment 276x25 discs.
                    Agreed
                    Should be some cheap G60s around with all the folks switching to Brembos

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks but my car appears to have come standard with the single pot calipers. Australian delivered car.

im struggling to find 280mmx22mm discs as suggested. But if anyone knows the part numbers for said rotors, that would really!

Alternatively, if anyone can point me in the direction of cheap G60 calipers and carriers? That would be great.

Comment

2.8 v6 - g60
                        2.6 v6 - g54

8a0 615 301 e

Comment

Originally posted by ak139 View Post
                          2.8 v6 - g60
                          2.6 v6 - g54

8a0 615 301 e
                          thanks - can you confirm which disc size that part number is for?

Comment

Originally posted by TRS4 View Post

thanks - can you confirm which disc size that part number is for?
                            280x22

Comment

Originally posted by ak139 View Post

280x22
                              thanks but that appears to be 4x108 not 5x112 that I require.

Comment

Redrilling the bolt pattern to the brake discs is very common (at least in Audi community). I've never done it but it's an easy job with a drill press. 4x108 to 5x112 requires 1 existing hole to be slotted + 4 new ones drilled. Here's a picture that I found.
                                Attached Files
                                1989 90 quattro NM

Comment

Working...
                                X