Stabilizer, ARB (anti-roll / sway bar(s)) 893411309B vs 895411309

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
    The 17mm nuts for the front ball joints are single use as they have a serated flange, so no washers under any circumstances should be be found there. The bottom of the ball joint needs to be fairly clean before insalling new nut's I use a wire brush in a drill, if your only disturbing these nuts take one off clean that area and refit the old before moving on ntto the next one. I do each one at a time so the camber does't slip.

These nuts are safty critical and must be replaced, your okay tweeking the old ones back just to get to your tracking place but take six new ones along with you as they often don't have them in stock

The OE 17mm nuts are now NLA, however the ones from an 8L platform car are identical just with a 16mm head instead of 17mm, I now always use these for the job, they're readily avaiable from TPS and cheap, I always have six in stock.
    Do You have the part # for the 8L platform nuts ?

Comment

Here's the factory manual data for a 20V CQ, which is also relevant to S2 Coupe's
      Thnx !

Comment

I had the same concerns about drilling out the hubs, but I compared them to a set of 14mm stock ones and as far as I can see they're the same casting just with smaller holes, it is only 1mm off each side so not a huge diference.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by pfi View Post

Do You have the part # for the 8L platform nuts ?
          Yes, I should have the invoice in my S2 history file, if not I can get it by phoning TPS.

Comment

The part number for the 8L ball joint nuts is... N01222307. They cost me 67P each plus VAT in 2015. So less than £5 to do the six required, I don't understand why people don't change them as they should come up as being single use on the garages computer.

Trust me you do not want to experiance the result of those nut's working loose. It very nearly killed me, I was lucky and going 50 MPH but if it happed at high speed I'd probably have been dead.

Comment

The part number for the 8L ball joint nuts is... N01222307. They cost me 67P each plus VAT in 2015. So less than £5 to do the six required, I don't understand why people don't change them as they should come up as being single use on the garages computer.

Trust me you do not want to experiance the result of those nut's working loose. It very nearly killed me, I was lucky and going 50 MPH but if it happed at high speed I'd probably have been dead.
              Glad You're still alive and kickin' !!!
              but can't find N01222307 (in ETKA)

Is it this one You think of ?
              8L.JPG
              Img is from ETKA : A3 1998 (407-010)
              Part # : N 90808801
              dimension : M12 x 1.5

Comment

I had the same concerns about drilling out the hubs, but I compared them to a set of 14mm stock ones and as far as I can see they're the same casting just with smaller holes, it is only 1mm off each side so not a huge diference.
                Measured outer dia to be 19mm at the thinnest part on a spare set with 12 mm bolts, bolt hole is ~12.5mm.
                (19 - 12.5) / 2 = 3.25
                (19 - 14.5) / 2 = 2.25
                2.25 isn't much but guess it's ok with std bolts as it's not most "stress" at the middle part
                but,
                wtb if using camber bolts ?
                The "stress" would be in the middle, at the weakest point :0

p22140.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X