Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Mounts, Suspension, How Easy Or Difficult?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you mean? Are you able to make custom mounts?

Comment

As well as rusty top mount there are the ones on AKmotorsport.net. I have fitted them to my Urq project and they look cool. Available in adjustable and non adjustable.

Comment

OK what would be price for something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan_ZG View Post
          OK what would be price for something like that?
          https://www.akmotorsport.net/product...ry/top-mounts/
          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

How does it fit on? Do you need to make holes for those six screws?

Comment

No drilling required. The mount is in 2 halves and those screws clamp it together. It clamps the bodywork of the car so it's solid and doesn't move.

Comment

Looks good, but expensive...is it possible that parts of chassis break up when you fasten suspension with that?

Comment

I don't think so. The stock mounts transfer there load in the same place. These mounts have no rubber so there might be more shock loads but you have rubber tires and dampers to absorb that.

Comment

Hi,

I need also new top mounts.
                    Originals cost 50€ but i found also on ebay:
                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-S2-UR...QAAOxyCepSbpCR

Are those better? I have heard that some top mounts also lowers cars a little.
                    Maybe someone knows better top mounts than originals or no need to get performance top mounts as originals are same good.

Comment

The ones on the top (diesel des post) are offset ones that enable to set more caster/camber angle.

There are also non-offset for 129 euro. They can be used in front and rear.

https://www.akmotorsport.net/shop/al...-b4-top-mount/

AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

"Strut-Stops" for top-mounts (since 2016)

Suspension of Disbelief, part 2.c.
                        - If you've read through this thread and others similar, you'll note some folks have with good reasons sought a stock type replacement strut top-mount that would have an increased service life. If that might appeal to you then Strut-Stops may also.

- This simple alternative may be preferred by those who can grasp the several possible advantages of using a reinforced stock OEM top-mount to perhaps permanently replace your worn mounts.

- A remark seen on a Russian Audi forum that is particularly apt here also: "I will be brief about this: The Germans didn't put rubber in there for nothing".

- The reinforcement Strut-Stops provide to new stock mounts allow them to continue to operate at very close to their brand new condition; for a long time.

- Some other characteristics which this mod provides include very low costs, simple stock type install, prevention of the well-known mount collapse, cessation of the too frequent requirement for new replacements, long term quiet operation, less un-dampened dive, pitch and roll, some increased mount protection from pot-holes, near stock appearance; and more.

- With this mod your MacPherson strut's top is still connected to the fender turret in the original fashion or "as Audi intended" (as one poster has said here above), still with some resilience, very close to its' brand new height and is kept that way; season after season, year after year.

- For further on Strut-Stops and whether they might suit, please see also:

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...t-strut-mounts
                        Last edited by Lago Blue; 11 October 2021, 19:24.

Comment

Working...
                        X