Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i'd known you were fitthing them i'd ahve sent you the 3mm stainless washers I bought to solve the spacer issue - i never needed them on mine as they were the earlier type struts
    I think the 'oversteer' sensation you're getting is just the rear squatting a bit more and tucking in, i'm still yet to scare myself even with the 22mm rear bar
    Still a very comfy ride on the Konis and H&Rs though huh?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

you guys mind if I hop in on this one?

Last week we've put Koni's on my brothers type 44q (Audi 100 that is) and this week the H&R's were ordered. With the Koni's on (not adjusted at all, mounted right out of the box) it's firm enough. What setup would you recommend with the H&R's? My brother doesn't like it to be bumpy.

Comment

I'm running 1/2 turn from fully stiff on the rear and 1 turn from fully stiff on the front. nice and firm but not too harsh, i like a decent ride too and very happy with the setup
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Good choice, mine are 0.5 front and rear and I think I need to either stiffen the rear or soften the front a little as it's a little understeery compared to how they were before (-1.5F, -1R).
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

yup, mines very neutral, I like it
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Seems like you guys have done the same as me, and set them at ~50%, then decided you want them a bit firmer

Is there any easier way to adjust them, without having to take the suspension out again?
              S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                Is there any easier way to adjust them, without having to take the suspension out again?
                I'm afraid not mate.

So will have to turn them into fully stiff and then a half at the rear and one turn up front backwards? I take it turning clockwise is stiffer, right?

Comment

Sonic, go for Error's setup of -1.0F, -0.5R, that should work well on HnRs/WL for neutral handling. If you're running more weight in the back then you might want to try -0.25R or even -0R! When I took mine out one rear was -0.25 and the other -0.5 it was more aggressive than the -0.5F/R that I have now but -0R is stiff! (-X.X = turns from fully stiff).
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Nice new notation for the koni rebound
                    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

you don't need to remove the strut from the car, undo topmount and remove the spring, then compress the piston down then turn to adjust - easy to do with H&Rs are you don't need spring compressors to get them on/off
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Even easier with coilovers

I think mine are set just off fully stiff, but I like it hard. And i havent driven it for at least 6 months, and ive had a squishy S2 and an A4 since then, It would probably give me piles now.
                        1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Stickified

Summary (Coupe):-

Stock springs

-1.5F -1.0R

H&R springs

-1.0F -0.5R

Where
                          -x.x = counter clockwise turns from fully hard (wound in clockwise).
                          F = Front
                          R = Rear
                          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

hello guys.

not a setting question, but as i busted one of the bilsteins i had, i dont want to do something wrong with the new konis i bought...

first the koni, then the black spacer ring, than the white washer, and on top of them the stock nut?

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

no. the white ring goes on after the cap to protect the piston seal
                              make sure the spacers ring sits proud of the strut threads by 2-3mm. If not you need a spacer or they will rattle..... or you can trim down the strut

Out of interest, what is the part number on the top adjustables Rok, didn't think you could get them?
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

thank you sir

is this ok?

the koni part numba is 8610-1262SPORT

but this is the insert for the 50mm strut housing, no-go for an S2...
                                Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Working...
                                X