B2, B3, B4 subframe differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2, B3, B4 subframe differences?

Hi. Does anyone know if there is any difference betwen B2, B3 and B4 5speed subframes? I know that on the 6speed the suport that holds the rubber mounting for the transmission is a bit taller ( ? ). But what about the 5speed? Is there any difference? Thanks
    Last edited by bn-01-wso; 28 May 2015, 09:57.

When it comes to 5 cyl quattro

B4 5 and 6 speeds are the same (different than B2 and B3).

B2 and B3 are the same.
    www.quattro.ca
    B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
    B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

B3 and B4 coupes have the same subframe part numbers, but when it comes to sedans B2 and B3 share the same subframe part numbers and B4 is different.
      On RS2 there is a single part number 8A0199313BC. Does this mean that is only for 6speed and only the 6speed are different? I am strictly refering to the position of the rubber mountings for the transmission. I am a litle confused.
      Can 01E with s2/Rs2 6speed transmission mounts be fitted on B3 or S2 3B without the spacer required on B2 subframes?

Comment

No, it needs the spacer. Easy to make from old b3 suspension mount. Strip off the rubber and shorten the alu core to about 35mm and get a longer bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by JariP View Post
          No, it needs the spacer. Easy to make from old b3 suspension mount. Strip off the rubber and shorten the alu core to about 35mm and get a longer bolt.

So this means that only the 6 speed subframe is different from the rest right?
          I made some 01E mounts for the b2 and i wasnt sure if they will fit the b3 and b4 5 speed subframes but from what you are saying they should work out.

Comment

my 96 s2 subframes apart form the 6 speed bit are the same as 91 saloon

Comment

The B4 V6 with 5-speed uses the same subframe as the S2 6-speed.
              www.quattro.ca
              B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
              B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Difference between subframes for manual and auto? Auto does not have any gearbox mountings.
                Regards
                Ryss
                www.autostart.co.za

Comment

Originally posted by Ryss View Post
                  Difference between subframes for manual and auto? Auto does not have any gearbox mountings.

Strictly manual and quattro

Comment

No RARB mounts on b2

Comment

Can I use a B4 subframe on a B3 chassis if I use B3 bushes?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryss View Post
                        Boy, did I find that out the hard way. All sorted now though.

Comment

Originally posted by Typ89 View Post
                          Yup straight fit AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by Typ89 View Post
                            Yes, if the engine is 5 cylinders. 4-cylinder engine in B3 is attached to subframe. There are no mountings for engine on B4 subframe.

Comment

B2Q front subframe has different mounts and mounting points for anti roll bar, everything else is like B3 or B4 5cyl.

Comment

Working...
                              X