Billcatz Short shifter modified :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group Buy Volunteer

If there is interest I would be willing to set up a Group Buy. I "know" Richard from being on the U.S. based 20 valve list for the past 5 years.
    I could hopefully help to control the cost by having all the kits sent to me then I would do the worldwide shipping.

Let's give a show of hands. Who is interested?
    Last edited by desmo888; 17 November 2003, 13:48.
    Dave K.
    USA
    1991 e//S2 (home built S2 - the only way to get one in USA!)
    2001 S4

Comment

Re: Group Buy Volunteer

Originally posted by desmo888
      Let's give a show of hands. Who is interested?
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Comment

Comment

if we can get a reverse lock mod in this group buy
              Jim

Comment

Mark.
                Mark - Modded

Comment

Shoot, what have I started??

BTW, the short shifter fell apart today when the car got really hot stick in traffice, I had to drive 35 miles home stuck in second gear only!!! :eek2: the plastic 'ball' has distintigrated (if that's how you spell it!)

Martyn
                  -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

that dont sound too good, what caused it do u think?

or is this a ploy to put the rest of us off.... LOL
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Nah only joking!!! Gotcha Greg!!

I did 156 miles today, it works pefect!! I let Paul drive mine today, maybe if Paul reads this post, he can share his thoughts driving the two cars back to back.

@ Martin, I cannot be sure if the reverse gear lock out problem applies to a 5 speed?? maybe Dave (Desmo) can ask Richard in the US what the score is with this?? I think???? that when I spoke to Richard about 4 months ago, he said the 5's were ok 'as is' I am NOT 100% sure of this though. Maybe Dave, can confirm this is the case??

The 5 speed shifter base is a different part number to the 6 speed, but it sure looks the smae to me! As you say Martin, becuase reverse is the opposite side to mine, then that black lockout plate must be on the left side of the stick, rather than the right side on the ABY's. I reckon you'll be just fine with the same mod that I did, just put the lockout plate on the other side to how it is in my photos.

So is this now officially the Martynf mod?

Martyn:nana:
                      Last edited by Martynf; 17 November 2003, 21:46.
                      Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

I got it rolling. Richard has agreed to a group buy. The discount is based on the number of purchasers.
                        Should I move this over to the "Group Buy" section of the board?
                        I think I can get Richard to do the 6 speed reverse lock out mod, I am waiting to hear back from him.
                        The price is $85USD if I sell 10
                        it goes down to $78USD if I sell 20 or more.
                        I plan to advertise web-wide so hopefully I can get 20 sold.
                        Shipping in the U.S. is $10
                        $20 in the UK
                        I am going to see if I can get that reduced even if I have to ship them myself.
                        More later this week...
                        Dave K.
                        USA
                        2001 S4

Comment

For the 5-speed is this still part of the group buy? What would be the cost in £?

Also, for a technical luddite like me, how easy is it to fit - or rather, how many hours worth of labour should I expect to pay in a garage to fit it if I went for it?
                          Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Guys,

I spoke with Richard today via E-mail about these. My facts were WRONG on the 5 speed lockout issue. Here's the bottom line:

There is only the one part, it fits both 5 + 6 speed boxes.

On 5 speed boxes, its a striaght fit, NO mods are needed at all and you WILL have reverse gear lockout still. So just fit and forget!

The 6 speeders, you will have to do the reverse gear mod lockout. Maybe Richard can do this before they are shipped as per Desmo above?? Richard will have to confirm this via Desmo.

Dan,

it's not that hard to fit at all, only 'special' tools you'll need on a 5 speed car will be a set of clirclip pliers and two long 10mm spanners. Time to fit about an hour 30 roughly I reckon. here's how to fit it: http://www.vagparts.com/s2/d2/shortshift.htm

For the 6 speeders, a little more work! about 2 hours in total. Follow the fitting instructions above, and then the modding instructions: http://www.vagparts.com/s2/ss/shortlcokout.htm

Martyn
                            Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Martyn - Richard said
                              "I wish I could offer the kit
                              ready-to-go for the 6-speed cars but it requires a supply of the 6-speed
                              base plates to cut up. :-("
                              So the 6 speed mod would need to be done by the buyer.
                              I am still working out some details. More later this week.
                              Dave K.
                              USA
                              2001 S4

Comment

... don't forget me...

Comment

Working...
                                X