Clutch slipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch slipping

Thats about right, just after putting the repaired gearbox back in, a few weeks later and the clutch starts slipping. If its not a gearbox failure or a boost leak, then its a mo fo clutch!!

Ah well.

Right, now i dont want to do this again for a while, so a standard clutch is NOT an option this time. I know about the Sachs clutchs, but what other clutchs are out there? I dont care about pedal stifness, just want a clutch that can take the abuse that I will be giving it. Next seasons 1/4 sprints are looming!! Gti springs to mind! (Bring it on Mark!)

Cheers for the help in advance. And no piss taking please
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

(Bring it on Mark!)
    Tom,

I would'nt worry too much about me, I reckon we might have trouble keeping up with Doug, I'm going to have to invest in a set of those big injectors soon, methinks .

Mark.
    Mark - Modded

Comment

I'd go for sinter plate if I were you. The downside is that I think there isn't a sinter plate available for the 3B single mass flywheel with springs. Only rigid ones that are quite unpleasant to use outside the racing tracks.

There is a spring one available for the ABY/AAN/ADU dual mass flywheel from sachs. P/N 88 1861 999 809. This does not help you but maybe someone else.
      -

Comment

Tom. There is a brand called "Clutch Net". They produce carbon, copper , sinter , kevlar clutches. Dunno about versions for s2/rs2. But try to search on the net. Yahooo ??????
        Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Halligan
          I reckon we might have trouble keeping up with Doug, I'm going to have to invest in a set of those big injectors soon, methinks
          Nah - I think Habib will be out front.

Whoever has the best clutch, stongest 1st gear, and deosn't give a **** about dropping the clutch at 5k will win the 1/4 mile.

I can see me needing a new clutch sometime next year. How much are these Sachs clutches?
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

I can see this 1/4 mile challenge being interesting
            My car may change by next year But thats under wraps at the moment.

This is going off topic, so just help me with choosing a clutch!!
            I went for a long hard caning session yesterday, sowing my mates what its like without boost leaks. It didn't like it! Clutch on the way home was spinning up, just thought it was hot. NOPE

Car needs to be off the road for no longer thana day so its gonna be a sunday job. Like week today. Cars are gay. I hate them. :mad: :mad:

Why is it my car that seems to be the most unreliable one on the forum. I reckon its my driving style
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

i think nailing it out onto lysander road didn't help . can still smell it now , or is that loteys pants . he he
              Last edited by gillm; 23 November 2003, 17:17.
              seat ibiza cupra

Comment

Shhhh! Dont say that. I didn't officer, promise. 4WD wheel spin and drift. LOL
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

To everyone running similar or more power/torque than myself on a 3B especially. Clutches are very hard to come by!!

AP Racing dont do one,
                  Nearly everywhere doesn't even list the 3B S2,
                  Dialynx want 600+VAT for a Helix paddle clutch
                  QST want 650+VAT for an MTM paddle clutch
                  Best price on the sintered Sachs one is 450+VAT.

And just to let you know, the OE clutch has lasted about 5000miles on high boost. and in total its done about 14000 miles, yes forteen.

Just to prewarn you of future expenses
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Tom: If you will give state me a nice offer for my Sachs Sinter Pressure Plate and Disk I might sell it , I'm quite short on money now.

But you should persuade me good.
                    Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Can someone expalin the difference in all these types of clutch?
                      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

doug, a paddle clutch is either on or off, but grips like a "%$£"%%!!!
                        other compounds like a sintered clutch is far less aggressive, but still very grippy!! I think this is the option for me! Plus they are cheaper
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Don't know if it is of any use but just found a clutch manufacturer in the states ........ http://www.centerforce.com/
                          Could be worth an email
                          A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Also http://www.clutchcityonline.com/
                            http://www.clutchmasters.com/
                            http://www.dialaclutch.com
                            http://www.directindustry.com/
                            http://c.ah-ha.com/c?e=0YlmHVYglF95Z..._name=Clutches
                            http://www.worldclutch.com/

HOPE THESE HELP!
                            A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Cheers buddy, you have been busy, just emailing the first ppl!! Thanks for all the help. Hopefully it will last a week or so so i can sort it all out. Great timing with Christmas and all!! Nevermind, im sure my girlfriend will love a 3B clutch as a pressie.
                              sigpic
                              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                              Audi UR Quattro
                              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
                              X