No announcement yet.

Clutch slipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COPERNIC2000 is a wonderful thing! A search engine that searches everyone!!! Contact ime if any more sources required and I will have a look. That goes for everyone! Glad to be of service if I can
    A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Let us know how you get on with those links, maybe if anyone else requires a new clutch you might get a discount for a bulk order?
      A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Well just ordered my new clutch from a parts supplier that i use in town. Sachs sintered clutch, 575Nm torque rating with a normal light clutch operation! Cost me 457+VAT!! It will take 5 working days to get here as there are non in the UK. Cant wait to fit it ?? :wacked:
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Audiman have u got the part number for the clutch?
          Where did u get it from?

Comment

LOL

a normal light clutch operation!
            now there's something you don't hear about with an S2 very often
            Jim

Comment

Mmmmmmmm.... not a happy bunny! Turns out that there are non in the UK and the stock that were showing in Germany aren't there either. ETA mid to late January!!!!!

Phoned a clutch re-manufacturing company about 15 miles from work and asked them if they could make/source anything. He got back to me and said they can supply a LuK uprated clutch that can take upto ~600Nm. And i can have it tomorrow. It was such a good price i could not refuse. Lets just say it is less than 150 quid, and thats a new clutch!!!!

He also said that they used to be Helix suppliers that also do a paddle clutch for the car. Told me to stay well clear, unless the car is used for the track all the time. He said that they are on or off.

He asked how much i had been quoted on one, so i told him. He said to me that it should cost about 300-400 quid, when i told him it was 600 he could not beleive it and reckoned the seller is making a fortune on the units.

Anyway, will be fitting this over the weekend and will report back with results. Hopefully good??
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Good luck Tom, hope it goes okay, about time you had a break
                Jim

Comment

Funny how things seem to work that way, you can search the net for a clutch to suit your needs and in the end it's less than 150 quid and only 15 miles away!!!! Why don't all you 3b guys get together and ask the supplier if he would do a buy one get one free offer !!!!! Dreading doing the clutch on my A6, could be 400 notes as it may need a new fly wheel as well!!! Shall wait until it starts slipping!

Comment

Dont let that happen too much!! Had to do a clutch on a sharan tdi (same engine etc) it got so hot that it cracked the flywheel!!!! Had to buy a new flywheel thats comes complete with clutch, only £500ish!! At the time only avaliable from VW.

I hope this clutch is OK. I have had soo much bad luck its unreal. My turn for something good to happen, surely?
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Tom, is it a major job to do the clutch...engine more or less out??

Comment

Its not engine out, but its is gearbox out, which isnt the nicest of jobs :wacked:

Its not too bad on a ramp, but would only recommend doing this way and not on axle stands. The box is bloody heavy and the bolts aren't that much fun to get at.

Hope this clutch is pukka. Cant be arsed to do the job again!

Gonna have the wastegate pipe made up at the same time, whilst the downpipe is off!! Should sound mental then.
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Tom: What is the advantage of external westgate pipe ? Apart from super noise
                          Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

You said it Sweeper, super loud noise!!!
                            sigpic
                            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                            Audi UR Quattro
                            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Tom : And btw , how could I get that "whishhhhh , whushhhhhhh" sound on every gear change that rice racers super-modified cars have ? Love it.

I suppose it's blow-off valve ? But AUDI use by-pass ? Or is it somekind of wastegate sound ?

Cheers,
                              Vadim.

P.S. Where that external westegate pipe connected to ???????? I just don't get it . Mark have it , but i don't see where it coming from.
                              Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                                Mmmmmmmm.... not a happy bunny! Turns out that there are non in the UK and the stock that were showing in Germany aren't there either. ETA mid to late January!!!!!

Phoned a clutch re-manufacturing company about 15 miles from work and asked them if they could make/source anything. He got back to me and said they can supply a LuK uprated clutch that can take upto ~600Nm. And i can have it tomorrow. It was such a good price i could not refuse. Lets just say it is less than 150 quid, and thats a new clutch!!!!

He also said that they used to be Helix suppliers that also do a paddle clutch for the car. Told me to stay well clear, unless the car is used for the track all the time. He said that they are on or off.

He asked how much i had been quoted on one, so i told him. He said to me that it should cost about 300-400 quid, when i told him it was 600 he could not beleive it and reckoned the seller is making a fortune on the units.

Anyway, will be fitting this over the weekend and will report back with results. Hopefully good??
                                Could you get a contact name and number for this guy? Will give him a call when i need one! (It cant take a flying start nomore but is fine otherwise! For now!)
                                Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Working...
                                X