Audi b4 80 2.3e FWD swap transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M2ki View Post
    Was there bushing in the cracnkshaft and did you have remove the autobox rear mount from the tunnel?
    Yes there was a bushing in the crankshaft and it was a pain to remove it! Also you need to remove the rear mount from the tunnel. Thanks for your help!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I'm wondering if I can bypass the neutral safety switch and connect the reverse light wiring to the neutral safety switch harness instead of the fuse box. If the answer is yes, which cables do I need to use?
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Fuse nr. 12 -> Pin B15a (black connector on fuse panel) -> Reverse light switch -> Reverse lights
        Originally black/blue wire to the switch and blue/red from switch to lights.

http://www.s2central.com/S2_Schematics/E/E27-09.pdf

1989 Audi 80 Quattro
        1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Fuse nr. 12 -> Pin B15a (black connector on fuse panel) -> Reverse light switch -> Reverse lights
          Originally black/blue wire to the switch and blue/red from switch to lights.

http://www.s2central.com/S2_Schematics/E/E27-09.pdf
          Ok, I will check the neutral safety switch harness tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Comment

I want to replace the output flanges seals. I'm looking for a guide on how to remove the gearbox code (AXG) flange.

Comment

Use something to pry it. I have used a piece of wood and a crowbar.
              Or improvise a pulling tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ta4EEOyzKw

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Well i finally start the car, but I have setback. My new main rear seal is leaking .Yesterday, I went to the Audi dealer and ordered another one. Tomorrow I will drop my gearbox and install the new rear seal. I hope, this one doesn't cost me any troubles.
                This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Do I need to redo the vacuum routing of the engine? It's any difference between auto and manual?

Comment

How much does it cost at dealer? Here it stupid expensive ~160€
                    You can get corteco, goetze or elring flange for 20€ or just the seal for 5-7€

Audi discontiued the seal only. With part nr. 068103051G you can still get the seal only from aftermarket.
                    1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

I though that it is more easier to make manual from automatic....

Comment

How much does it cost at dealer? Here it stupid expensive ~160€
                        You can get corteco, goetze or elring flange for 20€ or just the seal for 5-7€

Audi discontiued the seal only. With part nr. 068103051G you can still get the seal only from aftermarket.
                        I paid 90€ for the main seal, main seal gasket, and bolts.

Comment

Do you know if I need to redo the vacuum routing of the engine? It's any difference between auto and manual?

Comment

Sry, don't know about the vacuum. I there was no vacuum lines going to the auto box, then I think you don't have to do anything with the vacuum lines.
                            1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by GarCo20 View Post
                              Do you know if I need to redo the vacuum routing of the engine? It's any difference between auto and manual?
                              No vacuum involved

Comment

Originally posted by Audicted View Post

No vacuum involved
                                Thanks for the update!

Comment

Working...
                                X