Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pedal assembly or 1of the 2 overcenter springs broken

Comment

Springs have been checked as well and they are working fine.

So far it has been still behaving

Comment

Master cylinder changed. All good again. I think I was correct in my reasoning behind why it was happening.

Thanks to Pete at Quattro Corner for the speedy delivery.

Comment

Ok, so it turned out that the pedal end stop when released had been perished and as the pedal moved further than it should, it pulled the master cylinder's internals further than it should and damaged it.

We managed to find ATE replacement repair kits and repaired one of the master cylinders and also fitted a temporary stop. It works again.

We also replaced the OEM line from the master to the slave cylinder with a aero quip type hose making the pedal more accurate. HOWEVER, it's much stiffer now and wife wont like it...

So I ordered the OEM hoses once again to probably go back to them

Comment

Struggling to get my head round why the braided hose would make that much of a difference?.....but hopefully that is your issue!

Comment

The only assumption I can make is that the silicone hose may be able to absorb some of the pressure. Otherwise I cant either. It's the only thing different on the system now

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant
                The only assumption I can make is that the silicone hose may be able to absorb some of the pressure. Otherwise I cant either. It's the only thing different on the system now
                Unless your replacement master is a different diameter?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I changed my OE clutch hose with a braided hose years back and it did make a difference to the clutch bite point and pedal feel. Could it be the internal diameter of the replacement hose being different from OE?
                    91 Modded 3B
                    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH
                      I changed my OE clutch hose with a braided hose years back and it did make a difference to the clutch bite point and pedal feel. Could it be the internal diameter of the replacement hose being different from OE?
                      It could be. I dont know. But I can feel the engine's vibrations through the pedal now.

My calf is also beginning to look like Arnold's. Perhaps it's a sign that I need to switch to the OEM system.

Otherwise I'm pretty sure that it can be replicated

Comment

The master cylinder was OEM and bought through Audi tradition. The repair kit we found was meant to be for that master cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                          I would assume the pressure(and amount of fluid displaced) created by the MC will be the same at the slave irrespective of variations in hose bore size?...…..unless maybe the standard rubber hose was expanding/giving under pressure?

Comment

The aftermarket hose needs to be -4AN (1/4") or larger, or the hose acts like a flow control valve - the extra effort is required to overcome the restriction - think blowing down a small straw
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I can tell you I'm already starting to have a hard granuloma under my large finger of my left foot. Plus my calf looks bigger too

Comment

Small update.

Ok the pedal was lightened a bit by adjusting the springs behind it.

Does anyone have a photo of the clutch pedal assembly as I need to see what the pedal stop looks like. It appears now that a lot of vibration is transmitted to the pedal on hard acceleration which makes me feel that there is something wrong with the car.

I cant find a part on etka that could be used as a stop, so I assume it's part of the assembly

Comment

Working...
                                X