Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The end all questions AAN + 01E into B4 conversion swap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a task, just stumbled across this thread well done on taking it on must be very frustrating trying to source parts it's bad enough in the UK but looks like you are making progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
      What a task, just stumbled across this thread well done on taking it on must be very frustrating trying to source parts it's bad enough in the UK but looks like you are making progress
      Hi mate, thanks for the read!
      Is it correct that you have an AAN engine in your S2 Coupe? If so, which engine bracket did you use?

Comment

Hi bud think I just used the brackets off the ABY engine so long ago I can't remember

Comment

Have just purchased some used RS2 brackets out of Germany, same as ABY. Hopefully some priority shipping can see this engine mounted before December!

Comment

Received my RS2/S2 engine brackets after 23 days on a 7-10 DHL service which I paid a lot of money for! Missed my timeline and wasn't able to get the engine mounted. However this will allow me time next year not to rush the mounting as I still think I need more parts to make this correct.

Specifically RS2 engine mount rubbers, parts 8A0199382D & 8A0199382. As you can see from the pictures the latest progress, engine mount rubbers from C4 S4 part 443199379D doesn't look quite right, it's close. I'm hoping the offset RS2 rubber mount will sort this out.

The left hand side bracket needs some trimming still as I don't have the factory 5 cylinder notch in the chassis rail.

Right hand side (please ignore the screw holding the rubber together, this is only for placement )
            p5pb23898244.jpg

Left hand side
            p5pb23898311.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X