ideas dsg-box in urquattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    I think it would be reasonably easy to set up some paddles to trigger a shift solenoid on a sequential box. Then you could just get the ECU mapped with flat-shift trigger
    Or electrohydraulic shift contolled by solenoids. This is what I have on one of my cars. It can be used like a sequential box, but with a normal H pattern manual gearbox. I have thought about rigging up steering wheel buttons, but a stick for + and - is easy enough.

Here is the complete system, apart from the ECU of course.

I believe the Ferrari F360 uses a similar system. In fact I'm pretty sure the accumulator had the same part number when I was looking for one.
    SS

Comment

That is mounted on a Lupo3L also.I have one in my garage and the car stops randomly(when getting to Drive position,or R,or when it changes gears).Do you know the vag com procedure of reseting the system,clutch position learning etc?

Thank you

Edit:
      How fast can that system change gears?

Comment

Regardless of longevity, the way to do it would be to use one of the newer I5's with transmission. I don't think they have a longitudinal I5 in anything (Concept Quattro) but I cannot recall a torsen DSG transaxle either.
        1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

just using a seq box and throw in some paddles is not an option, i wanted the advantages of a dsg box, full boost and of course easy to shift gears while drifting the car, how did audi do it on the old pdk box they used in the s1 back in´85? i guess there werent as much electronics to consider back in the days? anyways for now im sticking to my 01e box, and if that box breaks i use my spare 01e from an rs4
          anyone tried flatshift togheter with an 01e box? can yuo shift without using the clutch? im guessing the issue will be when shifting from 2nd to 3rd, loosing abit of power when im entering a corner in 2nd and almost hitting the revlimiter, there should be a 2.5 gear or just use 3rd all the way and popping the clutch a bit when entering, but i dont like popping the clutch...

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
            Or electrohydraulic shift contolled by solenoids. This is what I have on one of my cars. It can be used like a sequential box, but with a normal H pattern manual gearbox. I have thought about rigging up steering wheel buttons, but a stick for + and - is easy enough.

Here is the complete system, apart from the ECU of course.

I believe the Ferrari F360 uses a similar system. In fact I'm pretty sure the accumulator had the same part number when I was looking for one.
            On what car do you have this?
            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by pasbogdan View Post
              That is mounted on a Lupo3L also.I have one in my garage and the car stops randomly(when getting to Drive position,or R,or when it changes gears).Do you know the vag com procedure of reseting the system,clutch position learning etc?

Thank you

Edit:
              How fast can that system change gears?
              Yes. PM sent.

Billman, it's on a Lupo3L, the system is made by Hilite.
              SS

Comment

more info please on the electrohydro shifter please?

Comment

Is it possible to implement something like this with up/down on the 01E?
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

In Greece there is a 20vt polo with a retrofitted DSG gearbox and about 900hp. Apparently DQ500 boxes can handle 1000Nm of torque and lots of power.

after discussion with a close friend of mine whose brother is the owner of the polo, we think the box could be used. The DSG needs to read LOAD, ( present in the OEM ECU) , torque( but not needed), and throttle opening can be wired through the ECU as well. Given that aftermarket ECUs can have that data, another extra module might be needed for information that the DSG needs 'translated'. Box needs to come from any newer Audi with a longitudinal engine. Another issue is the final drive, esp if you get a box from a diesel engined car, etc.

we are going to look more into this, as if the budget is similar to a sequential box, or less even, then the DSG is a better option IMO as in the Drive mode it becomes a very nice daily, while on manual is dead quicker than anything else. I'll let you know as I learn more.

by the way I have seen a 2.7tt s4 with a dsg retrofitted on Facebook from Romania so if he did it, then it is doable

Comment

Let's rain on your parade, here's some notes:
                      1. DQ500 is transverse, useless unless you want to mount the engine the other way around, which is impossible.
                      2. DL501, which is longtitudinal will never fit into the shell.
                      3. Aftermarket ECU's are a no-go. There is a fairly complex CAN matrix and ECU needs full torque management for shifts to happen. Forget it.

Your best bet is a sequential 01E.
                      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

DQ500 was a reference to those saying that DSG gearboxes cant manage the torque. I know we need a longitudinal.

If cutting is needed so be it.

Otherwise I dont know, but from what I'm told the polo didn't need to have the torque input. Sorry I dont have the info yet but once I do I'll report.

Finally, as the 2.7tt guy did it, it's positive news

Comment

I want to see that, I don't think it's possible. The engine would have to be in the cabin for that.
                          And if you made a huge spacer, the gearbox would probably not fit into the tunnel.
                          The angle is too big for a driveshaft to handle.

01E:

0B5:

Also, there is two way communication between ECU and Transmission, and TORQUE is one of the very few things that is needed lol.
                          You're so over your head, you have no idea...

So let's sort the mechanical issues first, the ECU side is doable by fitting a 2.5 I5 ME7 - tell me, even if you make a custom propshaft, custom driveshafts and custom adapter plate, which is all in all probably going to cost 5 figures - how are you gonna move the engine back like 15-20cm?

Would be good to have some hard facts not "I heard this, I heard that".
                          Last edited by prj; 16 January 2019, 08:14.
                          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Mechanically doable in LHD configuration, moving to a conventionally mounted rack. I will do the metal work, Dmitri you figure out the software
                            Seriously though, why? These boxes weigh a **** ton and would ruin the character of the car. I would buy an RS3 it will be probably be cheaper too
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by prj
                              I want to see that, I don't think it's possible. The engine would have to be in the cabin for that.
                              And if you made a huge spacer, the gearbox would probably not fit into the tunnel.
                              The angle is too big for a driveshaft to handle.

01E:

0B5:

Also, there is two way communication between ECU and Transmission, and TORQUE is one of the very few things that is needed lol.
                              You're so over your head, you have no idea...

So let's sort the mechanical issues first, the ECU side is doable by fitting a 2.5 I5 ME7 - tell me, even if you make a custom propshaft, custom driveshafts and custom adapter plate, which is all in all probably going to cost 5 figures - how are you gonna move the engine back like 15-20cm?

Would be good to have some hard facts not "I heard this, I heard that".
                              The guy from Romania is not fictional. I'll dig the reference and name as I saw it on a group somewhere.

I'm not frightened by the space required as much as the electronics. It's way down in my busy schedule so dont expect me to waste time just to prove to you a point.

Also as I told you the POLO is also a true car done without the use of torque. I'll speak to the tuner who owns it for you. But I wont report back. I see no point
                              Last edited by A80Avant; 16 January 2019, 13:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404
                                Mechanically doable in LHD configuration, moving to a conventionally mounted rack. I will do the metal work, Dmitri you figure out the software
                                Seriously though, why? These boxes weigh a **** ton and would ruin the character of the car. I would buy an RS3 it will be probably be cheaper too
                                Costs about 85k in Greece after taxes so it's way cheaper to buy a DSG and have the work done if it proves doable.

Comment

Working...
                                X