No announcement yet.

Clutch release / throw out bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny. I am using the above helix one and have no rattles. Works fine so far

Comment

Hmm, just ordered the Sachs SRE 3B pressure plate and SRE release bearing for my ABY. I was planning on mounting it with an stock clutch plate and lightened 7a flywheel.

I will drive my Bimmer around the coming weeks with an empty can with some steel bearing balls in it to get accustomed with the noise...
      www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

Comment

Where did you get the SRE release bearing?
        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Amazon.de
          www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

Comment

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B004A3DEVU/r...075861_TE_item
            www.S2power.com

Comment

Thanks for the link

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Can you let us know when the SRE release bearing arrives (I have found it online elsewhere and they were not actually able to supply it)

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

I'm going to wait and see with this... lots of options, none of which are jumping out as 'the one'.
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                    Can you let us know when the SRE release bearing arrives (I have found it online elsewhere and they were not actually able to supply it)
                    Probably Wednesday the 18th, but will let you know. It is on his way. When I ordered my bearing, Amazon stated that after my purchase, there was only one left in stock. Big chance it is out of stock already.
                    www.S2power.com

Comment

Oh there is still 1 in stock, and I received a tracking number of TNT.
                      www.S2power.com

Comment

The SRE and Sachs part numbers are identical, so I've emailed Sachs Performance to see what they have to say...
                        Cheers'en, AndyC
                        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

As far as I know, you have to add 04 to the standard productnumber to get an stronger SRE release bearing. The rest of the numbers are the same. At least, that's what I thought?
                          www.S2power.com

Comment

My Sachs SRE pressure plate is delivered, but the release bearing is a standard one. Amazon will send the correct one. I am in no hurry, but I should only order books from them...
                            www.S2power.com

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                              Where did you get the SRE release bearing?

Andy I also got mine from amazon.de arrived in a few days

Comment

SRE release bearing arrived

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X