No announcement yet.

Clutch release / throw out bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Sachs is responsible for that, by providing 2 different article numbers.
    www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

Comment

043151 271937 RRP £46
      --3151 271937 RRP £24

So £22 to have 04 stamped on the same part, brilliant!
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Did you ask him why they charge more for the performance part when its the same as the stock part?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

No, but I will ask him if you can provide me some weblinks. Preferable from the same seller.
          www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

Comment

Standard
            http://www.buycarparts.co.uk/sachs/1226494

Performance
            http://www.buycarparts.co.uk/sachs-zf-sre/7303519

buycarparts.co.uk, Bestpartstore.co.uk andSparepartstore24.co.uk seem to be the same company

Partio GmbH & Co. KG
            Josef-Orlopp-Straße 55
            10365 Berlin

E&S Pkwteile GmbH
            Josef-Orlopp-Straße 55
            10365 Berlin

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Thanks.
              I will email them, and ask what this is all about.
              That's exactly the way I got confused.
              But, I never found a single picture of the SRE bearing.
              www.S2power.com

Comment

I have send this email. Let's wait what they will say.

Hi Michael,

You were a great help. A few guys from the UK are still waiting for answers to their questions they raised, probably at the UK importer of Sachs.

Sorry to say, but your answers raised some more questions. I hope you can help us a little more.
                After answering the questions on S2forum.com, I got some replies. There are a lot of confusions around this part.

Let’s take a look on this screens:

sachs

And this one:
                sachs-sre

(weblinks: http://www.buycarparts.co.uk/sachs/1226494 and http://www.buycarparts.co.uk/sachs-zf-sre/7303519 )

This may not be an official supplier of your products, but there are a lot more examples.
                https://www.stroevemotorsport.nl/Kop...s-Koppelingen/
                http://www.autoupgrade.nl/product/15991/druklager
                http://www.iparts.pl/czesc/lozysko-o...151271937.html

The Audi 5 cylinder turbo engine is beloved by us, one reason for that is the great tuning potential this engine has. Even after 25 years, the power output is still up to date, because this engine can hold 450bhp on stock internal engine parts.

When people are going to upgrade their engine, they try to buy the best parts available. I’m afraid a lot of the guys in the past, chose the SRE release bearing over the standard one. With the knowledge you gave me, most of them probably overpaid for a standard product.

Where did this go wrong?

With kind regards,

Sjoerd Hxxxx
                Attached Files
                www.S2power.com

Comment

Anyone have a pn# off the actual INA bearing from Helix?
                  Austin
                  1992 urs4 1991 200 20v avant 1990 90q 20v

Comment

I use this bearing. Enyone knows what it is?
                    Attached Files
                    1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

• Looks like this kind http://www.ebay.com/itm/151046663145...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT which has the shape of the INA/LUK bearing but the face is slighly different.
                      Austin

Comment

• Answer from Sachs:

Dear Sjoerd,

thanks for your response.

By the factory, ZF, there´s only one release bearing available. We´re also distributor of ZF Race Engineering only and according to my knowledge, there´s no further reinforced and/or "special" release bearing available.
                        The release bearings from ZF RE are buying-in parts from ZF to provide release bearings to their Performance-products and are sold within the Performance-Line. -> Simply to ensure that these bearings will to the ZF RE Performance-line.
                        -But this doesn´t automatically mean that these are technically different.

The part# is principially the same (3151 271 937 vs 04 3151 271 937) and the "04" in the beginning indicates some kind of internal number only.

We´re also offering the "043151 271937" but, for example, we didn´t write anything about "Performance Version", "reinforced" or whatever as you can see here.

The price difference imO is based on different discounts between ZF and ZF Race Engineering to the market and as already stated above, ZF RE have to buy the bearings from ZF to sell it further to the market.

I hope I was able to clarifiy your questions! :-)

Have a great week and

Kind Regards from Hamburg/Germany!
                        www.S2power.com

Comment

• Still looking for the pn# off the INA bearing or a picture of the pn# off the box and bearing if anyone has bought one recently?
                          Austin

Comment

• This is a photo of the one I used. Metal face
                            uploadfromtaptalk1428563512314.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                              This is a photo of the one I used. Metal face
                              [ATTACH]52993[/ATTACH]
                              Does it rattle ?

Thanks.

Comment

• Nope. I can't hear anything. If it does its so subtle that you miss it in the rest of the engine noise

Comment

Working...
                                X