No announcement yet.

Clutch release / throw out bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just small updated i got 5000 41010 LUK metal face on my car with Southbend Stage3+ Endurance.it's fine.
    Will see how could it turn out when i have SRE sintered 4 pucks in.
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

• Removed a Sachs Audi branded bearing in perfect working order. Clutch was stock and quite light pedal, so a stiffer SRE clutch is unlikely to yield the sa!me result...
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Thread resurrection...was there any better insight on the way forward with an SRE pressure plate? Am just about to order one and trying to work out stock/SACHS/HELIX/INA etc. No silly power so anticipate it wont make too much difference and no launching. Safe bet with the standard Sachs unit???
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Good subject to re address! Just fitted SRE ad LUK bearing 300 miles ago noisy as anything! Thought my bottom end was knocking after its rebuild but press the clutch and the rattle goes,..

Comment

• Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
            Good subject to re address! Just fitted SRE ad LUK bearing 300 miles ago noisy as anything! Thought my bottom end was knocking after its rebuild but press the clutch and the rattle goes,..
            Ah that's pretty sh*t Andy! I think I am just going to go the stock Sachs route, at least if it fails early then I can point at them and ask why
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Hi guys, any new experience with these Sachs/Luk throw-out bearings? I have a new Sachs and ordered 500041010 Luk one as well. I will be using a 7A flywheel with Sachs SRE clutch pressure.
              Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• I used a Sachs bearing with my SRE clutch/3B flywheel and never had any issues with it.
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• I have got luck, Lucas throw-out bearing is all metal, it will be hard to choice if Sachs or Lucas as everyone have different experience with each other
                  Attached Files
                  Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Working...
                  X