No announcement yet.

Gearbox crunching into gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a serious dose of paranoia setting in after me filling the box with millers GL4/5 stuff I changed it out for some Castrol Syntrans GL4 fluid instead. There was an instant improvement over the gear change. Maybe worth a try if you're still having issues with it

Comment

Bringing this thread back into play.This is really doing my noggin in.
      Symptoms are getting worse.Today I changed the clutch Mc as it was weeping a little,made F A difference.Whatever is happening is getting a lot worse.It just feels like the gears are reluctant to engage in any gear,very stiff and baulks sometimes, then it works fine then it doesn't. Today I had a complete inability to get any gear what so ever,even when repeatedly dipping the clutch,wiggling the gear lever,it only got a gear when the car slowed.One minute the clutch feels quite light,then other times its heavy.
      Please keep throwing suggestions at me
      Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
      Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
      Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Hate to say this, but it sounds worse than my box was and I ended up having to replace it

As it's gear selection issues you have, it sounds like the g/box internals are in need of repair/replacement. Whether it's the synchros, selector forks or whatever else reconditioning a box isn't likely to be the most economical way to sort it.

Comment

Working...
        X