No announcement yet.

Gear Stick Balljoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to do some messing about but it's a certainly shorter, which is good but with the 6 speed, which is notchy at the best of times, it's pretty difficult to get in to 1/2/R. I'll keep playing around and see what I can do that's a little neater than swapping the reverse gate, as the parts are certainly cheap enough.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Spent quite a bit of time with the Golf solution and have got something that works well now. It took a fair bit of messing to get it working and I've taken some pics, so I can do a write-up when I get the chance. Overall, the shift throw is reduced a fair bit and I've managed to adjust the reverse gate to make it a lot smoother. I found that after I followed the 034 write-up pics, the setup didn't work at all, so I had to sort it for myself.
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

A write up with pics will be great! Will it cover 5 and 6 speed or are they different/
        Added the Golf kit to my watch list and will purchase as soon as funds allow.

Comment

is the other end of the 6 speed shifter ever an issue. the bit that bolts to the box. can these still be got from the dealer.

Comment

5 speed is bolt on. Simple.

6 speed took a bit of effort and required the spring pressure and a few other things to be adjusted, to stop you hitting reverse!

Yes, the othe rend can be an issue and there is an 034 bearing conversion for this area, which Ryan has fitted, amongst other people.
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Just a note on the 034 spherical bearing, this does take some adjusting to get it right. Mine is currently near perfect and can access all gears easily however 5th but mostly 6th especially requires a slight bit extra push than normal to the right but overall works well.

I have not however had it re-adjusted after fitting the interior ball and cup which will no doubt make a difference to the adjustment
              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Originally posted by fourwh33ldriv3 View Post
                I too got a replacement part from Audi Tradition, slow website but worth the wait to load up once registered and payment done mine arrived in a bout 4 days total...even at this time of year. Have a look here:

http://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Selec...o?prodId=41266

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                Thanks, that's great

So it turns out this is what I have on the RS2, but the stopper for reverse is not there, and when I tried to fit the original part I realised I will require many more parts so will just keep as is, and I'm getting used to it now, though I need another spacer and circlip to keep the gearshift from popping up a few inches when trying to change quickly. Oh well maybe get in touch with 034 see if they have these spacers laying around...

1998 A6 Q (Suzie)
                2 x B4 80's both 1993 (Heather & Hazel)
                1995 A4 1.6 (Heather II)
                1999 A6 Avant 2.4 (Bollie)
                2001 S6 Avant 4.2 (Rio)
                1995 80 Cabrio 2.6 (Gracie)
                2013 Q7 Flooded & gone
                1995 RS2 2.2 Flooded & gone

Comment

I'm still tempted by one of those 034 shifters. Looks like a good bit of kit. Its either the 034 shifter or a new audi shifter ball bush and a 034 linkage bush i plan on getting.

http://store.034motorsport.com/shift...e-6-speed.html

Comment

I'd not drive the car without the reverse lockout

If I get the time, i'll design a 6 speed billet item, so it's spot on. No point messing about.

The golf shifter is worth considering if you have a small amount ability to fettle.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75270
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                      X