Federal 595RS-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal 595RS-R

Need some new tyres soon, starting to go sideways in 3rd with some provocation
    These will be used on the road as well as track. I don't do many miles, around 3k a year and most of them are driven fairly hard so been looking at track orientated rubber. Heard good things about the RS-Rs and they seem excellent value. IIRC Mr Sonic runs these? Just wondering how they are in the wet? Anyone got any experience?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Considerably better than any other "track day tyres" I've run.

When I put the T1Rs back on temporarily in the rain I wish I'd have kept the Federals...
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
      Considerably better than any other "track day tyres" I've run.

When I put the T1Rs back on temporarily in the rain I wish I'd have kept the Federals...
      What other track tyres have you used?

595 RSRs are very tempting for the money, half the price of R888/A048 etc.

martinws has 595 RSRs on his 20vt 90q and likes them, they were rather sticky at Knockhill.
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

I have them on mine, I really like them and feel confident with them even in the wet on our polished roads. Going round a roundabout at 70-80 km/h and never lets loose at all.

High speed cornering and stability even at 160-200+ is amazing and simply a joy
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

A048, R888, DZ03G, 595RSR.

The Dunlops are for sure the best for peak grip in the dry, but the Federals are every bit as good as the Toyos or Yokos but half the cost, last twice as long and are better in the wet.

Comment

Sounds like a winner, thanks

I was looking at DZ03G, they are £140 each in 235/45/17, 595s are £80 each!
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

I had these tires on my other coupe, and I will buy a new set again.
              Nothing cant really beat the price/performance.
              sigpic

Comment

I've found Toyo R1R's to be a excellent tyre in the dry, not done enough driving with them in the wet to give an opinion but their supposed to very good.

If you shop around they can be had for sane money, I paid £380 for for delivered.
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I've nankang NS2R semi slicks on the red Makinen and I'm happy

Very cheap and good tires
                  RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                  BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                  LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Had them on for the last five years. Great tyres for the price. A little too noisy but that's the only criticism. Had Pirelli corsa on for a set (£300 each!) and just can't justify the extra cost for the better steering feel and grip over the federal.
                    Hope they make 245/35/18 in the new pattern soon as they look better for the dry.
                    Rob..
                    94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                    87 UR 20v ABY
                    97 S6 Avant
                    96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                    1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Anybody have an experience with Yokohama ADVAN AD08R?

Comment

Originally posted by GT500 View Post
                        Had them on for the last five years. Great tyres for the price. A little too noisy but that's the only criticism. Had Pirelli corsa on for a set (£300 each!) and just can't justify the extra cost for the better steering feel and grip over the federal.
                        Hope they make 245/35/18 in the new pattern soon as they look better for the dry.
                        Thanks chaps
                        245s fit ok then Rob? I was concerned the shoulder might be a bit wider than my Contis (245/35) which fit (just) clear of the steering arm and arch lip after a little roll
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by filip.krticka View Post
                          Anybody have an experience with Yokohama ADVAN AD08R?
                          Excellent lateral grip but braking is not as good as R888 / RSR etc.
                          Cheers'en, AndyC
                          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Bloody expensive too!
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                              Thanks chaps
                              245s fit ok then Rob? I was concerned the shoulder might be a bit wider than my Contis (245/35) which fit (just) clear of the steering arm and arch lip after a little roll
                              They do have a bigger shoulder for sure... the 235/40/18's i run with 8j alloys require 5mm spacers avoid the kwv3's, but then touch the arches under cornering.

Comment

Working...
                              X