No announcement yet.

1990 Urquattro Panther Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled the sunroof off to have a look. I was surprised how easy it was to get off. I hope it’s that easy going back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s been a cracking summer here in Auckland this year and even though covid has put a dampener on the large group meets the small meets have been sensational and so personal.

Comment

Great trio you have there!

Comment

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams for the RR engine? I’ve seen a few in German, but hoping someone has one in English.

I’m going to have a go at removing my Fox alarm system with immobiliser.

Thanks,
          Nigel

Comment

I don't think you will need the diagram for that. I've done a few on older Audis. Start at the alarm box and trace each wire back to where its been cut into the original loom. You may find its been cut into the ignition switch, fuel pump feed and maybe more.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

As Dave say's you won't need a wiring diagram to sort that out, I've removed several Cat one system's in my time, it's half a days work at the most with a soldering iron and some heat shrink to do a tidy job.

I can bypass one of those system's and have a car running in less than half an hour and electrics aren't really my thing, a professional thief can do it in seconds, you'll be surprised by just how simple (and pointless) they are.

Work methodically sorting one wire at a time and you can't go wrong.
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Yup I see where you guys are coming from. I have the alarm box going to an immobiliser circuit and a few motion and door switches. I think I’m ok with what you guys have suggested. Soldering and heat wrapping the wires. I hope it sorts issue of something draining the battery. It appears if my volt meter doesn’t show 12 or higher my car won’t start and it takes a while to reach 12 also.

Comment

How did you get on with this job? It can take a while to do tidily depending on how much of a mess of things the alarm fitters made...

Comment

Winner winner chicken dinner! Thanks for the help all. It was a simple job in the end.

Comment

Well done!

As you say it's actually pretty easy, has it solved your current drain problem or is it too early to know yet?

Comment

I think it has. Starter reacts straight away to key position. No more waiting for voltmeter to read >12V.

Comment

Sounds like a result then.

As I mentioned those old alarm system's are really more trouble than their worth, the installation's vary from shockingly bad to quite good.

The only use they have is a piece of paper to show the insurance company, in the UK some insurers won't cover an expensive classic car unless it has a Cat one system, either that or it's much more expensive.

Comment

I wasn’t impressed with the soldering or wiring to be honest. The splices were quite close to the plug but I managed to heat and unravel solder enough to save the wiring and stick plug.

They could of done a much better job like you say.

Do the 1990 urqs have a boot lid spring pin sensor? Mine had one on the bonnet which hooked up to the alarm and I wonder if the boot is the same.

Comment

Yeah, that sounds about right, I'm rarely impressed by the amount effort that's put into installing these systems.

They have to have a spring switch/sender on the bonnet to to comply with the Cat one rules, as well as each front door, however I'm not sure about the boot to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by nastnas View Post
                                Yup I see where you guys are coming from. I have the alarm box going to an immobiliser circuit and a few motion and door switches. I think I’m ok with what you guys have suggested. Soldering and heat wrapping the wires. I hope it sorts issue of something draining the battery. It appears if my volt meter doesn’t show 12 or higher my car won’t start and it takes a while to reach 12 also.

Damn this is good.

Maybe you could help me with some pictures from your car

Comment

Working...
                                X