X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
    I own a Coupe and think that's funny!

I'll see your Coupe pshop and raise you:

A typical Avant..... (The even more amusing thing is, its Jamo's! )

Quality pic !
    Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by alg View Post
      Just so I am clear here. Was the RS2 a coupe ??

As for the R8.........look at the bl**dy length of the wheelbase. Its an avant alright with the rear doors disguised.

Having owned both I will say that I would prefer............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ...............one of each !!
      Porsche wouldnt allow Audi to sell a coupe RS2 cos it would be direct competition for their 911 .

As for battery being in the back for ICE my ABY battery comes close to the rear , under passenger seat. I just use slightly longer wires

Comment

I think we only need to look at the meaning of the word coupe and avant to see where the truth lies....

Coupe = Can Out-perform Usual Performance Exotica

Avant = Audi Van And Normally Towbar'd
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

165 mph with a wardrobe in the back.There boxy but there good.
          AKA "THE THREAD KILLER"
          99 A6 V8 saloon
          85 UR Quattro
          01 Sharan v6 4motion
          91 Golf gti cabrio sportline
          95 Audi 80 DS2 saloon. project "SWEEP"
          95 Audi 80 quattro v6.(but i have a 3b engine sat on the floor)protect "SUE"

Comment

i heard that the reason that porsche never made the coupe rs2 was because the marketing department said that they had bad feed back of people asking why would it need a bigger spoiler than a 911 ...

and lets not forget from the earlier thread on this debate ..

coupe means = coupe owners usually prefer estates...

and the quote from auto car or what ever it was .. " lets not forget that since the audi s2, avants have always looked nicer than the coupe versions "

shouldnt a new thread be started of with all this really the slanging match coupes vs avants or something surely

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
              I think we only need to look at the meaning of the word coupe and avant to see where the truth lies....

Coupe = Can Out-perform Usual Performance Exotica

Avant = Audi Van And Normally Towbar'd
              I thought it was

Could
              Only
              Use
              Petrol
              Ecconomically
              Corey
              01636 822288

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant View Post
                I have to agree we have drifted slightly off topic but it is only fair to let new owners understand which side of the battle line they are standing.

As Winston Churchill once said:

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous faces have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo oweners and all the odious apparatus of Coupe rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight at the 'ring, we shall fight on the a-roads and motorways, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength on the track, we shall defend our honour, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the quarter miles, we shall fight on the landing strips, we shall fight on the rolling roads and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our brothers beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the Avant Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Bring it on coupe kids we're reading and waiting....

Run Silent, Run Deep :mischeif:

Ben

everyone kneel before the parts daddy
                Last edited by topsparky; 3 May 2007, 21:08.
                1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
                2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
                3. H & R SPRINGS
                4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
                5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
                6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
                7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
                8. fmic fitted

Comment

Welcome Bertman.....if thats your name, it seems so long ago since page one now...ha ha.

The tension in here is off the scale.....what an ace debate. I think the only way to settle this ongoing feud is to write in to top gear and get them to rate both models on the cool wall.

Better make room in the fridge for the avant.......

Comment

Still bonkers round here then - LOL at that from Ben ! Class
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                    X