Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Oregon

Hey everyone,

My name is Russell and I'm from Oregon. I have a 91 90 Quattro. This is my first Audi and it has really grown on me these last 6 months. It has a 7a 20v that just hit 300,000. Full exhaust, some wheels and filter is all it has so far. It's been a good car, died on me randomly once, and I can't wait to drive it in the snow.
    I'm working out a weird stutter/hesitation at partial throttle and have replaced the o2 sensor, all hoses and cleaned the maf. I'm going to adjust the tps and see if that changes anything.
    The previous owner removed the egr and it's been blocked off. Wondering if I should get a euro ecu or try to find an egr?
    There are not very many 7a audi people that I know of in the Pacific Northwest so any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Hey

Nice car, lovely color!
    "There are not very many 7a audi people that I know of in the Pacific Northwest"
    Its not true, i know at least a dozen from oregon area.
    try usa base forums: theprojectpad, motorgeek, quattroworld
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum
      AFAIK the 7A never had EGR. Have you run the fault codes? That will heep you track down the fault. I wouldn't mess with the TPS.
      Have you found 20v.org? Good site for the 7A engined cars, there is lots of fault finding tips.
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Unfortunately the California spec 7a does come with egr and I'm stuck with the option of tracking down a European ecu or find another egr and solenoid. http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62494
        I agree that 20v.org is a great website and has helped me figure out the major problems before hand.
        I just got on motorgeek so hopefully I'll run into some local enthusiasts.

Comment

most of the peeps from MG have shifted to TPP.

that said, where in Oregon? OSU sounds like the Whorevallis area?

i can name a number of OR Audi enthusiasts in the Salem/P-town area to be sure. and myself although i am not into the 5 cyl stuff i am definitely into the Audi stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Osuquattro View Post
            Hey everyone,My name is Russell and I'm from Oregon.
            There are not very many 7a audi people that I know of in the Pacific Northwest so any input would be greatly appreciated.
            http://forums.quattroworld.com/9080/

Nice colour (Cyclamen (I think)). I have only eveR seen pearl or red 90 20V sports. There are two red ones local to me here in Vancouver (BC, not WA). Lots of 7A 20V coupes around too.

Last edited by UrS4boy; 11 July 2015, 17:05.
            RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Welcome friend. You will find a wealth of knowledge here on the forum, and if you need anything part wise, if no one on here has it, someone will know where to get it or how to make it.
              Lovely car and I'm sure it sounds grrrrrrreat!
              1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
              2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
              2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Originally posted by speeding-g60 View Post
                most of the peeps from MG have shifted to TPP.

that said, where in Oregon? OSU sounds like the Whorevallis area?

i can name a number of OR Audi enthusiasts in the Salem/P-town area to be sure. and myself although i am not into the 5 cyl stuff i am definitely into the Audi stuff.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and all the information. Still driving the old girl every day, just hit 320k. i'm running around corvegas area and the audi love is slowly coming to light. Took it to a local car show and placed third.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

hello!! do you have any picture of the EGR?
                  I a´m curious... I have a 7A engine too

Comment

That misfire, one of the lads on here had that problem, it was due to an air leak in the inlet tract, I seem to recall that a small hidden pipe had come adrift below the manifold somewhere.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

finally got it figured out. California emissions required it to have an egr valve and egt sensor. The previous owner took it off and i have been fighting a check engine light for 2 years. well today i managed to find an engine management service manual. All i had to do was put a jumper wire on the egt plug and presto the ecu thinks the egr system is ok, no check engine light.

Comment

and hello,great colour . Every time I see Audi 90,s I think maybe I should have one. One day when the daily 2.3e coup dies, if it ever does. . Best of luck Lynn

Comment

Working...
                        X