No announcement yet.

a man in a shed production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see the progress, the engine came out during my ownership due a very weird fault whereby a loose screw was left in the flywheel housing during a clutch change and the screw eventually knocked one of the sensors off causing the car not to start...

That took a fair bit of diagnosing I can tell you!
    Audi S6

Comment

thought i would throw this in here, didn't see it mentioned: 260mph on salt in a URS4 (5 cyl with tdi trans)
      http://www.quattroworld.com/speed-we...-1992-audi-s4/

Comment

Great project

I had mine up to 160mph when completely stock, and it was pretty scary. Recently (after lots of upgrades) it's been up to 170mph and still pulling strong, but nothing is straight at that speed, and the back-end goes a bit skittish in the coupe which causes me to ease off

I look forward to the updates
        S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by driftin jo View Post
          they don't rev high enough
          um what, gear ratios are what matter
          BEAST '90 CQ 24v VRT / O1E / v8 rear, HOLSET SUPER 40 http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=193#p37887
          DD '86 4kq BLAZE, swapping aba/16vT and O1E http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=201#p38264

Comment

Originally posted by my2000apb View Post
            um what, gear ratios are what matter
            Well duh, the answer was in response to 'has anyone had decent speed out of a tdi' ,
            if you are geared to do 200mph @7000 rpm and only rev to 4500rpm you are only
            doing 128 mph. Obviously you could have custom higher ratios but that was
            not part of the question was it.

Comment

inline with my every changing lifestyle i am having a change around of the stages of this build

due to Easter not occurring this year and then a tumble on the first proper ride of the season, leaving me with a cracked rib, sprained wrist and even after a month of rest the swelling on my knees and legs isn't going

this has led me to reign in the complications and concentrate on my kids whilst my misses finishes uni and spend more time on my bike than in a shed.

i will be over the next month, painting the inside of the car and doing a colour change bit of a marmite choice.

this will allow me to give up the unit and then all is left is bolt ons that i will do in either my garden (shed) workshop or in my father inlaws garage.

pics will come could i pass off orange peel as a crinkle finish

Comment

Sorry to hear you've had an off, are we talking motorbikes or pushbikes? I hope you recover fully and as soon as possible, has to be said that knees always take longer than we would like!
                I went out for a little ride on my trail bike (KTM 350 EXC) 2 weeks ago and ended up in casualty with a mashed hand after loosing the front end and hitting a tree. Whilst the hand was the most obvious injury as my little finger is splinted to try and get the tendon to join back on and the rest of the fingers were black and blue, I've also bruised (or cracked) a couple of ribs and pulled a tendon in my jaw (I hit the tree with the chin bar of my helmet at about 15mph..) Anyway as they say "pain is only temporary" and I'm on the mend. I've just ordered a short clutch lever for the road bike so I can go to the Ring in a couple of weeks
                In the mean time I'm having fun driving my coupe again

The cage is looking great, lets see some more pics of your painting!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

push bike. i didnt hang out the back enough on the final jump on the run front diped and kicked me out landed face first and crumpled into the floor then bike hit me and knocked me out.

to be fair i was thinking the rebound on my forks was to low but thought i will adjust in a minute but there ya go a workman will always blame his tools.

just re fitting brake lines today and will paint the inside over the week.

the rest of my paint and bits and bobs should be here by wends.

Comment

had a busy day shell and wings are now in primer with a true coat ready for me to start flatting sunday.

this is the first time i have sprayed with a gun and am fairly pleased this is just primer so the finished coat will tell. Due to time and that this car is going to be the schooling car,so i can learn to drive properly. i have not prepped any further than to make the paint stick.

once painted i will fit the seats and some budget harnesses for now then once the car is in her new home will drop each subframe assembly in turn to give them the refresh i was going to be doing over the summer.
                    Attached Files

Comment

realy impressed with they way i layed the paint gloss straight from the gun for my first time spraying with a compressor set up.

but like a turd i didnt get all the dust out the unit and basically needs flatting and then another coat or two with a good bit of g3.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by here2learn; 10 June 2013, 20:20. Reason: pics

Comment

Looks great for a first try.
                        You could try damping down the floor before you shoot the paint, or build a poly tent with a filtered air intake
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

i did look into a poly tent but finances are tight so had to accept the prospect of having to cut and polish.there are a couple of body shop guys on the same yard as me offered to paint it for the same as it has cost me in materials and compressor but i wanted to know i built this car including its imperfections.

i will cut this back and then pressure wash the main room out before the next run of paint and to be fair i am not getting on with the polly sheet either so the telegraph may increase its readership for a day or so.

Comment

you can build a tent pretty cheaply out of 2x2 and some board etc
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Still good for a DIY first attempt.

I just had dust/cobweb fall of the ceiling into my fresh primer, I completely forgot to clean the garage roof or put a sheet up.
                              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

as she stands i am quite pleased with my work quite a few blemishes on the paint but i am going to leave as a warts and all build most will polish out but i am happy. i wanted a paint job that looks good from 20ft @30mph and i have done better.

just need to paint and fit the plate for the sunroof hole and then quite a bit of snagging and refit the electrical s inside.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X