Diesel on the Dyno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel on the Dyno

As some of you are aware Jamo wouldn't allow my little diesel on the rolling road at the recent meet at Weston Performance. At least the boys over at UK-MKIV's are more understanding and they let me take it along to their rolling road meet at MidlandVW yesterday.

The results were rather surprising:

Which isn't bad for a £200 banger that should only have 90hp. So much for all the skeptics who said it wouldn't even pull the standard figures

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Has that been chipped or fiddled with, do tell?
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

130 hp?!?! Is that your 1Z???
      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

It is indeed my 1Z.

The only mods are an MRC chip, 0.205 injectors from an AFN and the EGR has been completely removed.

We did fit a clean intake manifold last week which made a world of difference to the midrange and top end on it.

It was running a roughly 50/50 blend of diesel/svo and a treatment millers diesel powerplus.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Quality !!!!!!!

Ex owner of a 1993 Silver Avant - RS2 spec.
          2002 A8 sport 2.8 quattro Sold
          2003 A6 Avant Tdi
          Mk Indy 2.0 pinto circa 160 Bhp
          2004 VW Caddy SDi
          2002 Civic Type R

Comment

Svo
            Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
            England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Sheesh, no wonder I struggled to get past it at Castle Combe...it's a beast

Cheers n

Si
              95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
              Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
              With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

LOL

Originally posted by HPmuirt
                Sheesh, no wonder I struggled to get past it at Castle Combe...it's a beast

Cheers n

Si

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Nice results with a little work ,going a similar route with mine only different turbo and A4 ECU + custom remap hoping for around 150hp ,whatch this space!!.

Comment

Nice results with a little work ,going a similar route with mine only different turbo and A4 ECU + custom remap hoping for around 150hp ,whatch this space!!.

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
                      It is indeed my 1Z.

The only mods are an MRC chip, 0.205 injectors from an AFN and the EGR has been completely removed.

We did fit a clean intake manifold last week which made a world of difference to the midrange and top end on it.

It was running a roughly 50/50 blend of diesel/svo and a treatment millers diesel powerplus.

Ben
                      Wow! I`m in! What did you mean with the "clean intake"? Polished? Is it possible to fit the AFN turbo on the 1Z engine as it has variable geometry?
                      Last edited by Skull; 10 December 2006, 18:45.
                      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Great

GREAT RESULTS

Comment

It's still a diseaseal...

But good result

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23
                            Wow! I`m in! What did you mean with the "clean intake"? Polished? Is it possible to fit the AFN turbo on the 1Z engine as it has variable geometry?
                            The clean intake is just a cleaned out intake manifold. The EGR system and crank breather fill the manifold with gunk and it restricts the flow into the engine. I was sceptical about the benefits but having tried it I can say there is a vast improvement.

The AFN turbo could be fitted but you would need to fit the AFN N75 and change the ECU to a VNT type.

I've read on TDIClub that there are some hybrid GT15 turbos available that use VNT internals. I've been thinking about a bigger turbo for it but I'm trying not to get carried away with it as it's only my daily driver.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Ok. I cleaned the intake a few days after i bought the car (mid february), and sealed the EGR (or AGR) on the spot. So i just need AFN injectors and a good remap.
                              What is your engine mileage? Have you done any major services on it before tuning?
                              Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Working...
                              X