No announcement yet.

Carbondesign RS2 lower door trims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I knew this before. When Aaron was trying to make them I had sent him a complete set before I put it on the car. Now I only have the one I mentioned bought from Audi tradition as it already has a small crack and I wanted to make sure I had a replacement.

Having said that, I doubt many of us would leave them on a carbon look, I'd have them painted to look as original as possible. So if there are alternatives in material that could end up being cheaper that could also be an option.

Comment

• I would make them in vacuum cast polyurethane with similar properties to ABS.
      Anything like this though the majority of cost is in tooling not material.
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Hi can you make me up the plastic panel that sits in front of the shock absorber top mountain, I have managed to locate the other parts in the photo the only problem is finding an original RS2 engine undertray can you help me with the panel?

Comment

• Sounds good to me

Comment

• And yes you are right I am not intending on replacing the original item with the carbon option

Comment

• Originally posted by afen View Post
              A bit of stainless sheet bent in a steel brake and glued in with a suitable flexible adhesive.
              Fits like a charm, and there's no gap between the door and the trim piece.
              Not much left of the original steel
              New steel fitted
              is this steel piece not the same on all B4 Avants ? Just wondering .....

Comment

• How long do you need the trims for maybe i can help

Comment

• I also have a new one right rear aft laying. if it can help I will send it to you Alex.

Comment

• Hello Alex I wish you had contacted me earlier I would have bought them but I have managed to source a pair of trims now thanks joss

Comment

• Who else can make these?
                      Its not Nasasience.
                      /Thomas
                      RS2-94

Comment

• Give me something to work with
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Is there anyone on here who fixes the metal strips? Take it out and replaces them with new one?

Comment

• Would have thought that 3D printing would be perfect for these?
                            Nick

1995 Audi RS2 . . . plus a few other old German cars

Comment

• Anyone want to buy a full set of lower door RS2 finishing strips will need new metal strips installed £100 not including shipping

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                                Give me something to work with
                                I could give you mine Alex, all I really need is the metal strip on the insides fabricating, to repair my own however i'm sure a lot of owners would prefer a straight fit replacement and carbon ones would look cool on the dark coloured cars.
                                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X