X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    you're making me feel bad about starting messing with mine now
    hmm, Have a 1990 (complete / drivable) 20V Coupe Quattro I planned to sell in parts,
    mby needs to reconsider ...

anyone know how many were produced?

Comment

Originally posted by rustybullethole View Post

There was 180 RHD and out of those some went to South Africa, Australia and New Zealand,kitsune miniatures I imagine the reason for so many SORNs now is that the owners recognise the value and dont want to put them on the road, actually you will see that year on year the graphhttps://sharpedgeshop.com/collection...es-chefs-knife rises and dips, the dips are the winter months when most classics get SORNED and the peaks are when they get taxed again.
      Ah, the ebb and flow of classic car ownership. It's like a dance between nostalgia and practicality. As the winter months approach, the classics retreat into hibernation, huddled under the warmth of SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification). But fear not, for as spring blooms anew, these automotive beauties emerge from their slumber, ready to hit the roads once more and proudly display their tax discs. It's a yearly cycle of love and care, ensuring these treasured vehicles remain in peak condition for all to admire.
      Last edited by Max23Tyler; 8 July 2023, 07:22.

Comment

Not mine mines out in all weathers getting hammered, just realised it's an RS2 thread
        Last edited by Rikki Kitto; 29 June 2023, 12:32.

Comment

Mine is also used throughout the year - here on the southern tip of Africa our weather is not so harsh

Comment

In terms of the original thread - to the best of my knowledge (not official), a total of 19 came to SA back in 94/95. I've either met or spoken to 14 owners. I know of 2 that were written off a while back . I also know that between 2019 and 2022 - 3 were sold, and left SA - 1 to the UK, 1 to Australia and 1 to NZ. Mathematically there should be 14 left in SA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr G View Post
              Mine is also used throughout the year https://eldfall-chronicles.com/produ...-swashbuckler/ - here on the southern tip https://swcpoker.club/download of Africa our weather is not so harsh
              wow the lucky ones living on the mild side of the weather spectrum
              Last edited by Robertbozic; 11 November 2023, 04:08.

Comment

Originally posted by pfi View Post

hmm, Have a 1990 (complete / drivable) 20V Coupe Quattro I planned to sell in parts,
                mby needs to reconsider ...

anyone know how many were produced?
                Late reply, but this thread has just popped up again...

Personally if the shell isn't rusty or have badly repaired accident damage I'd probably hang on to it if you can afford to, I don't know how many were produced but going on how many there for sale at any given time compared to S2 Coupe's I'd say there's either less or about the same amount of 7A CQ's sold.

The real rarity and undervalued car is 2.8V6 CQ, very few of them were sold or remain as they were very expensive so buyers just went for an S2 Coupe instead as at the time it represented better value for money. I only know of a dozen of these car remaining at the most yet their worth very little compared to an S2 Coupe... That will not always be the case as rarity will always come into play with a classics value.
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post

Late reply, but this thread has just popped up again...

Personally if the shell isn't rusty or have badly repaired accident damage I'd probably hang on to it if you can afford to, I don't know how many were produced but going on how many there for sale at any given time compared to S2 Coupe's I'd say there's either less or about the same amount of 7A CQ's sold.

The real rarity and undervalued car is 2.8V6 CQ, very few of them were sold or remain as they were very expensive so buyers just went for an S2 Coupe instead as at the time it represented better value for money. I only know of a dozen of these car remaining at the most yet their worth very little compared to an S2 Coupe... That will not always be the case as rarity will always come into play with a classics value.
                  Thnx for feedback !

The car is now "stuffed away" for the winter ...
                  No, or at least very little. rust on the car itself, rear subframe has some, probably ok if blasted.
                  No accident damages apart from some smaller dents on lower part of left wing and left "locker panel / side sill"

I'd like to keep it, but as I have limited space and other projects "ranking higher", I rather sell it to someone having the time and interest to "bring it back to its beauty"

Comment

I’m under the impression both a silver and blue RS2 have made their way from SA to NZ in recent years. From memory the SA cars didn’t have roof racks?

Comment

• Originally posted by pfi View Post

Thnx for feedback !

The car is now "stuffed away" for the winter ...
                      No, or at least very little. rust on the car itself, rear subframe has some, probably ok if blasted.
                      No accident damages apart from some smaller dents on lower part of left wing and left "locker panel / side sill"

I'd like to keep it, but as I have limited space and other projects "ranking higher", I rather sell it to someone having the time and interest to "bring it back to its beauty"
                      No problem...

Personally I'd hang to the car as I already said as it's only going to increase in value.

If it were mine I probably strip it out to get the weight right down, deal with the underside corrosion before it see's any salt, fit four suitable tyres on 15" rims and use it as a winter hack. That's what my B3 80 quattro is going to be for all be it with 300 BHP, I have proper snow and mud tyres for the winter and Toyo 888's or Dunlop track day rubber for the summer.

I have the rear subframe to tackle on my B3 as well, it's solid but rusty, I'll drop it and poly bush it along with the wishbone. Then spray the underside of the car with a 50/50 mix of used engine oil and Waxoil, we've found that to be the best combinatation at work, goes on a treat and once it sets it provides really good protection.

However I also know what it's like to have too many projects, I've decided to get my collection down to my three Audi's, my RS2 and C4 Avant quaatro can live in my workshop and I'll still have enough space in there to work on another car and engines etc.

As this is an RS2 thread I supposed I better contribute something considering I own one! I can see a lot more cars becoming SORN as the owners start to look on them as investments. If Audi made affordable bumpers, lights and wings etc a lot more car would get driven, however those parts are really, really expensive that's if you can even get them. Wings are NLA though Avant wings can easily be made to fit, it's best to braze up the unrequired holes as opposed to weld as it avoids distorting the panel.

The 'How Many Left' site is handy but the info isn't perfect, though it's RS2 data seems pretty good, apprently there's abot 120 cars left in the UK though how many of those are LHD imports isn't made clear...

I'd love to know how many original UK cars are left.

Mines on 102K miles with a full Audi service history upto 97K , oil changed every 5K miles max so there's 20+ stamps, I'm actually going to to take it my local Audi dealer for a service just to get the stamp though I'm going to do all the work on it first and give them the oil I insist on using, 10W50 Fuchs Titan. We have a good relationship with South Hereford Audi at work so I'm sure they'll humour me.

Comment

• I've got my RS2 for sale if anybody is interested.

It's a UK car originally but came to Ireland a long time ago. It's on a NI/ UK plate now so that when it turns 30 it will be cheap (200 euro) to put an Irish reg / European reg on it if that's what suits you!

I've restored it to a very high standard.

Check the ad out if you're after one:

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/15691455

Comment

• To pass on the knowledge I have of other RS2's in Ireland.

There are:

x1 silver rhd that came from SA originally - no roof rails
                          x1 silver lhd that came from Germany originally
                          x1 nogaro rhd that came from the UK originally
                          x1 nogaro rhd that came from the UK originally - mine

There is a Facebook page dedicated to RS2's and on that they have a track of the cars on an excel file.

Comment

• I got my UK MTM tunned from new 380bhp car, Ragusa with roof rails, from close to Cork in March 2015.
                            Last edited by K Simmonds; 15 November 2023, 15:07.

Comment

• Should have added to the above that it came from the UK orginaly.

Comment

• Originally posted by kenneally_mark View Post
                                To pass on the knowledge I have of other RS2's in Ireland.

There are:

x1 silver rhd that came from SA originally - no roof rails
                                x1 silver lhd that came from Germany originally
                                x1 nogaro rhd that came from the UK originally
                                x1 nogaro rhd that came from the UK originally - mine

There is a Facebook page dedicated to RS2's and on that they have a track of the cars on an excel file.
                                Yep that's right that's me that build that about 10 years ago. In total i have data from 766 RS2's,129 RHDs and 637 LHDs.

Of the 129 RHD's i have data on, 1 is stolen, two is scrapped or crashed. 99 are still alive in the UK. 2 in Australia, 10 in New Zealand, 2 in Hong Kong, and 9 in South Africa.

All of the cars in SA was without roofrailes.

Kind regards
                                Phillip Kjær Ballegaard
                                Audi 2,6E Cabriolet Vulcan Schwartz 1995
                                Audi Q7 3,0 TDI Phantom Schwartz 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X