No announcement yet.

Jack4688's S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a few people offering their wheels to me - I should makie it clear that I am only interested in 16" Avus 1 style alloys in original colour.

But thanks for all the help to secure the parts I'm after

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post
      Shame it's gone into storage now until I come back minus the Cupra
      Jack: Were you able to get a snap of the Build Tag and engine number so I can do up that VIN tag documentation for you? PM me if so.
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        Jack: Were you able to get a snap of the Build Tag and engine number so I can do up that VIN tag documentation for you? PM me if so.
        Oh balls no I forgot, was gonna do it yesterday. I'll have a look when I next see the car

Comment

Can't be arsed waiting until I've sold the Cupra so I'm meeting up with the family for the bank holiday weekend and driving back up in the S2!

Got some 16" Avuses lined up and a buyer for the 17"ers

After payday I'll be looking at getting those Recaros and some of this to retrim them... Maybe I'll have some money left after that

Comment

Not the best picture, but still the sight I was greeted with when I opened my parents' garage this morning

Going to hoover the interior and give it a wash this weekend. Not much else I can do until I sell the Cupra - which I have rented out to my mate from work - but with a bit of money from next payday I will be acquiring 16" Avus alloys and sending the 17" Avus IIs off to Mr Sidrick in Aberdeen.

Got a feeling though that I'll be spending money on it matter what. I've already got an S2 badge keyring, an S2 badge for the bootlid - plus I need one for the grille - and am thinking of replacing the grille with the RS2 mesh (but with the S2 chrome surround), new stereo with usb connection.... plus I'm always on ebay to see if there is any Corrado/Mk3 Golf recaros up for sale in good nick

Comment

Got the 16" Avus 1s fitted, can already feel a difference in ride quality

Also got a new stereo fitted and new badges front & back
              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good, Jack

Comment

I'm not even sure I like the look of them

Don't know if it's because it has been slightly lowered but it just doesn't look right and not as I expected. Now thinking of getting some BBS alloys like sjw185 and TimE-J have on their S2s, but I now know that the ride and steering is much more to my liking with 16" wheels...

Haven't found any of that style in 16" 5x112 but don't know if 16" ones will look too small just like the Avuses...

Any suggestions on how to sort the ride and steering with 17" wheels?

Comment

I think all 16's will look the same (small) on the car..

Try some deeper dished wheels as they may suit the car
                    Attached Files
                    Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

I think it might be that my tastes have changed but I've been so determined to get the original Avuses I haven't noticed.

I'm definitely going for this look:

Comment

Also thinking something like these might work http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4X-17-BBS-...item3cd2aee528

Comment

jack i have had this dilemma for the last few weeks and have gone through 4 sets of wheels , have finally got some 18's and im gonna live with the ride , 17's dont quite look right on a lowered avant either purely because of the side wall size on a 225/45/17 , so basically you can run a 215/40/17 but this affects the rollig radius and gives practically the same ride effect as 225/40/18 . my advice go 18's
                          NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

my avant has fashioned many many rims,I always come back to the 18" mk1 S8 though
                            I had a set of the BBS Rx's in 18" ,the ones you thinking about,ther are pictures of it somewhere on here that would give you an idea but god knows where
                            If you like pm me your email and I'll send you some

Comment

Ha! You will not convince me to go 18"! Is 225/45/17 what the tyres on the Avus II alloys I originally had are?

I think I'm going to lose some of the subtlety I want from the S2 by going with BBSs and 18" ones will only exacerbate that effect

Comment

na it wont everyone thinks they are coffin carriers
                                NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

Working...
                                X