No announcement yet.

Jack4688's S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah RXs look like the ones I'm after, I'm convinced 16" (if there are any that exist with the right stud pattern) would definitely look too small. Maybe I should do some research to see if there's something I can change on my ancient suspension set-up (I think the Konis were fitted about 1998) that'll keep it from being a bit squidgy as my standard 3B was but also give the supple ride I get from the bigger sidewall I now have.

Comment

Originally posted by audinut View Post
      na it wont everyone thinks they are coffin carriers
      Yeah I had to explain to the girls on reception at work why I swapped my yellow Ibiza cupra for 'an old man car'

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post
        Yeah I had to explain to the girls on reception at work why I swapped my yellow Ibiza cupra for 'an old man car'
        Nothing compares to a confused receptionist.. Bulmers talking , what ?
        1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post
          Yeah RXs look like the ones I'm after, I'm convinced 16" (if there are any that exist with the right stud pattern) would definitely look too small. Maybe I should do some research to see if there's something I can change on my ancient suspension set-up (I think the Konis were fitted about 1998) that'll keep it from being a bit squidgy as my standard 3B was but also give the supple ride I get from the bigger sidewall I now have.
          17*8 BBS RX201 et35 :

Cheers, Torben
          '94 B4 Avant S2

Comment

I know where your coming from Jack. I have about 4 sets of wheels to swap through. 2 sets of 18's and two sets of 16's. One are the Avus, one are the 3B rims (My avant is very very early and came with these standard so i had them redone and they are my favourite), a set of A8 sports (18") and another later set of Audi S6 rims (?) I also have a set of Merc dished 17's to sort out for it. Get a mix of wheels so you can chop and change for the look/ need or feeling you want.

I have had to explain to everyone why I drive an avant (Same as yours in colour). My previous car was a bright red Coupe lookign quite nice. Everyone laughs at me for going old man styled but then when they try following me or come out in the car with me they always understand...

A few years ago I went camping and loaded the avant with all the stuff, the surfboards and girlfriend with all her stuff. A mate that hadnt seen the car before was taking the mic big time. I soon shut him up by absolutely blitzing it up a hill fully loaded down in cornwal.... His mapped and messed around with Mk4 golf GT TDI didnt stand a chance.... They all soon learn including some of the later S4's, Subaru's and some Porsches.... especially the Coxsters!

Comment

Originally posted by tscheel View Post
              17*8 BBS RX201 et35 :

Oooooo that looks good

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
              I know where your coming from Jack. I have about 4 sets of wheels to swap through. 2 sets of 18's and two sets of 16's. One are the Avus, one are the 3B rims (My avant is very very early and came with these standard so i had them redone and they are my favourite), a set of A8 sports (18") and another later set of Audi S6 rims (?) I also have a set of Merc dished 17's to sort out for it. Get a mix of wheels so you can chop and change for the look/ need or feeling you want.

I have had to explain to everyone why I drive an avant (Same as yours in colour). My previous car was a bright red Coupe lookign quite nice. Everyone laughs at me for going old man styled but then when they try following me or come out in the car with me they always understand...

A few years ago I went camping and loaded the avant with all the stuff, the surfboards and girlfriend with all her stuff. A mate that hadnt seen the car before was taking the mic big time. I soon shut him up by absolutely blitzing it up a hill fully loaded down in cornwal.... His mapped and messed around with Mk4 golf GT TDI didnt stand a chance.... They all soon learn including some of the later S4's, Subaru's and some Porsches.... especially the Coxsters!
              I think a set BBSs will make it look more like it has sporting pretensions instead of an old creaky estate car, not sure I need several sets of wheels to cycle through though!

I think our Avants are very similar - both originally supplied with 3B-style five spokers, got one of those in the boot as spare still. Has yours got anthracite cloth quattro script and carbon trim?

Comment

It does indeed mate. Originally with orange indicator lenses too. Thing is does yours have roof rails? Mines early enough that it doesn't have them, never did. In my opinion looks better without too but never found a roof rack to fit. Just as well I have a van for that and my surfboards for in the car lol!

Comment

NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

Ey I like them,they look a bit like the Techart Rs2 rims?

Comment

or are they the vauxhall version (not sure the stud pattern on them)

they remind me of the borbet c's i had on my old s2 avant rep

Comment

A!Avantgarde rims it seems to me?

Comment

bbs avantarde 18"
                          NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

It does indeed mate. Originally with orange indicator lenses too. Thing is does yours have roof rails? Mines early enough that it doesn't have them, never did. In my opinion looks better without too but never found a roof rack to fit. Just as well I have a van for that and my surfboards for in the car lol!
                            Roof rails, air-con and 4-tape cassette multi-changer were the big options added on mine. It came to nearly £30,000 back in '93 - the equivalent of over £50,000 in today's money!!!

Originally posted by audinut View Post
                            bbs avantarde 18"
                            Nope, not a fan it's definitely BBS RXs for me

Comment

Votex made roof bars, I had them on my 80 2.3 avant. Arrows in the door openings marks the correct fitment. Black T-nut aero bars.
                              Cheers, Torben
                              '94 B4 Avant S2

Comment

Originally posted by tscheel View Post
                                17*8 BBS RX201 et35 :

Torben, you seem to have the closest set up to what I'm after - do you have any issues with tyres rubbing on hard lock or tram-lining on rutted roads? What mods, if any, have you made to the suspension and are you using any spacers or anything like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X