How rubbish are Audi now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
    Apparently all Audi dealers are private, and Audi is now trying to buy back some dealerships. Need to get that reputation back somehow I guess.
    They did that here in Ireland, big shiny buildings with neatly groomed sales teams. Parts are still day light robbery, if they are available...
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

It's Audi, of course they'll charge tons of money for just because they can. Some prices on Audi Tradition are just disgusting.
      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Audi haven't given a toss for years about the older cars, I am shocked that you can't get a seatbelt for a 2007 car that is just lamentable

Comment

You can get virtually any part made for any Mercedes Benz vehicle thru MB Classic. On a BMW 2002 you can get over 95% of the vehicle parts needed to build one from scratch! Porsche will service your 917. Sadly Audi Classic falls short of this ideal. Hopefully it will improve but until then keep salvaging them for any part that may be needed.
          I think that it will be a good idea to learn to use a 3D printer.
          "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Totally agree with the aforementioned comments.
            I had huge problems with my c6 rs6 which I specced from new. Had ceramic brakes replaced twice, the engine out twice, and a whole heap of little recalls and niggles that took ages to fix. Once one of the valeters (who I instructed via the service manager never to wash my car) decided to kerb one of my audi exclusive titanuim paint coloured wheels. It took them 8 weeks, yes 8 weeks to get the wheels done again. I actually saw a lawyer in the end about it as the car spent in total 6 months in the workshop for problems at chingford audi in and out. Only compensation was I got a lot of apologies and nice courtesy cars for months on end (s5/a7/rs5). Audi service in Chingford were utterly crap. Watford Audi werent much better. Oxford Audi were great but too far. MRC great but too far (just used them for tuning and servicing). In the In the end on my third set of ceramic brakes I decided to sell the car I couldnt take it anymore. I was in and out of audi service it became a standing joke. Didnt care about that just the time out of my life to get the car fixed, going weeks and months without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              I think Porsche own the majority share in VAG. They need to whip these greedy morons into shape.
              Anyway I thought it was a legal requirement for them to have to provide replacement parts for 10 years following manufacture? Regardless, I will never buy a new Audi.
              Merc would be my first stop for a new motor at the moment.
              That's why my latest daily car became Porsche ....
              P.S. regarding shares:
              Attached Files

Comment

If there is one car that you should be able to get all parts for is the Ur quattro. Its a ****ing joke this parts situation they should hang their heads in shame. There is NO EXCUSE.
                1991 90 quattro 20v sport 450 bhp
                Rs2 engined ur quattro sold
                11 golf tdi

Comment

I am starting to hate the Audi brand but I love the cars. I obviously love the S2 15 years of ownership and it still puts a smile on my face when I drive it. The A6 is an outstanding car and very reliable and the A4 is effected with the emissons scandal and I want to sell it to get a Mini for the Wife and they say the value of the car has not been affected by the scandal what rubbish!

Comment

So what are the other vag brands like for parts? Vw, seat (I think that comes under them)?

Comment

I've got a Seat Leon FR 150 Derv. Never had issues getting parts but it is nearly 10yrs old now and is part of an extensive range of cars that shared the same stuff. Mind you, nothing goes wrong with it apart from standard service items. Current tyres have gone nearly 20k miles as well which I found surprising. It seriously lacks soul but I cannot fault it in terms of a cheapo mile muncher.

Comment

I started disliking Audi a couple of years after I bought my first brand new Audi A4 back in 1998. When the problems began I realized that their philosophy had changed significantly since the 90's when they were aspiring to surpass Mercedes and BMW in making quality cars with a special character. Sure they weren't very reliabe but that's because they were experimenting with new technologies at the time and they didn't have the know-how to achieve this. Well they do today and still they choose to build frustratingly unreliable cars not because they can't do it right but because they can earn more money by exploiting the people who bought them! That's exacty what Audi tradition does as well. I don't like being exploited and I don't wish to pay Audi managers a single Euro of their payslip so I haven't bought and probably never will buy a new Audi unless things change. Or in managerial speak... I lost loyalty in the brand.

Comment

All brands go through phases of not being able to supply parts ......
                          We had a vow toureg which needed a rear bumper we had to wait 3 months.
                          Mercedes cls 2015... Try to get the grill chromes.. They are on back order till feb
                          Mercedes cla we had to wait 4 months for the rear qtr panel

Comment

It's a sad state of affairs that I wouldn't consider getting another S2 (at least not an early model) due to so many parts being NLA or extortionate. My favourite car in the world, for attainable money, and I wouldn't even dream of buying another solely due to the manufacturer.... sad.

Comment

Update.... New part fitted, they took it for a test drive and it's **** it's pants again, now needs 6 new injectors and an ECU... Good job it's under warranty....

Comment

That is unreal, what is the timescale now??

Comment

Working...
                                X