How rubbish are Audi now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJones View Post
    Update.... New part fitted, they took it for a test drive and it's **** it's pants again, now needs 6 new injectors and an ECU... Good job it's under warranty....
    Just curious, but what made you choose an A6 3.0 BTDI? Did you buy it new and what mileage do you do?

Comment

Not a clue, all I got was "we need to speak to the factory to find out how quickly they can get one, we've not had to change one previously.. And biturbo's are not a common car.."

Deep joy....

Comment

My garage Autobahn just got prices for parts i need for the A6 engine fan and switch £420 plus vat it must be bloody gold plated thats a crazy steep price and engine undertrays for the front £126 and £69 for the back both plus vat. Audi really do screw their customers greedy barstoods

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
          Just curious, but what made you choose an A6 3.0 BTDI? Did you buy it new and what mileage do you do?
          It's a company car (fortunately) yes had it from new I do about 22k per annum. To be fair the car has been spot on, quick as you need for the road with every conceivable comfort feature you could have. It's just Audi that are beginning to annoy me..

Comment

It's a disgrace Darren. I hope they are extending the warranty period to cover the time the car has been standing waiting for them to supply parts. It's a good trick, not supplying parts while the warranty period ticks away. I don't believe for one second the parts are not available anywhere.
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Sorry to hear, and I thought the BTDI was a good motor?

I must admit I felt it was a bit piss-taking with my C5 RS6, did all the work myself but didn't fit OEM parts as I found I could get OEM for sometimes as little as 1/4 of the price.

Coupled with that the dealer didn't ever call me about having a chat about an A4/S4 and were too busy for someone to talk to whilst I was in there, I think they didn't take me seriously.

In the end I went in to BMW and spec'd a loaded 335d touring, same monthly as the well spec'd S4 I had been creaming over, complete contrast in treatment and I went for it.

I will be honest, I still have slight fantasies about chopping it at the end of the year for something Audi again (ideally an RS badge) but threads like this make me wonder why. It's not missed a beat in 40k, X-drive is like Quattro without the understeer, can get >40mpg whilst pushing hard cross-country or fast motorway yet puts out 313hp. May as well put the fuel saving into a remap to 395hp
              AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

I was looking for a comfortable car for my old bones as a retirement present to myself.
                Narrowed choice to BMW X3, Audi Q5 or Volvo XC60.
                Arranged test drive at BMW and when turned up, the salesman was not there, I was not even in the diary and the cars I wanted to drive were not even there.
                Audi showed no interest at all.
                So went for the Volvo
                Have to say, they couldn't do enough and was well impressed with the service, more than I can say for the German brands
                Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Think I'm going to get a 740i sport next, not the prettiest but fantastically comfortable to drive..

Comment

Forgot to mention, with the latest s**t about emissions, you would think that maybe Audi would offer good discounts and customer service to recover their reputation
                    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Thats the thing,you would think Audi would at least try to professional in all it does and look after potential customers with whats been going on.To be uninterested in selling you a car is lamentable. Still the're seeing all of this through their lofty position, of through their noses. How the mighty fall,they even eventually see it but by then they are so consumed with their corporate superiority they just watch as it all falls apart then wonder where it all went wrong. Audi were a great company when they were seeking market share back in the 80's and early/mid 90's. I think the Parent company still is great,it's just the Uk dealerships letting the side down!
                      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                      96 URS6 plus speck estate
                      94 2.6 80 Avant
                      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Parent copany is not that great as they let parts become NLA.
                        Even the car that made Audi great, the one we all cherish , yes the mighty ur.
                        How can they let something like that happen to such an icon.
                        I do agree with you that one day they will wonder where it all went wrong though.
                        Seems it is already happening if fans of the brand and good customers like Darren are defecting, this will happen sooner rather than later.
                        Perhaps a petition is worth drawing up?
                        Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Can German based members on here reading the thread advise if this is the standard of customer service german Audi owners of newer models 'enjoy', or it is just the UK ?

Audi Germany need to send secret shoppers to the UK dealers to see what's happening.

Or maybe they just don't care as they are still making enough money. Aren't the new car sales climbing year on year, notwithstanding hiccup over the emission issue ?

Comment

Your right, i forgot to mention the NLA nonsense which is a disgrace.
                            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                            96 URS6 plus speck estate
                            94 2.6 80 Avant
                            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

I think most problems with dealers are down to fact that they're private. By saying that I don't think it's normal, Audi should either buy back dealerships or test the quality of service they provide.
                              '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                              '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                                I think most problems with dealers are down to fact that they're private. By saying that I don't think it's normal, Audi should either buy back dealerships or test the quality of service they provide.
                                A lot of the Audi and VW dealers in the UK are either joint owned or owned outright by Audi/VW UK. As I'm sure everyone will have noticed all the buildings that they operate from have the same corporate face and do not deviate much from town to town.
                                The two big dealers in the south of England that are Audi owned are Aston Green in Slough and the huge one you can see from the elevated section of the M4 as you drive in or out of London.
                                I think it unlikely that the emission scandal will have too much effect on the business and it would be very foolhardy for a global company not to have some form of risk insurance for any litigation it may face in any of the markets it dose business in.
                                I do have to agree with everybody regarding the UK dealers total lack of interest in their customers and the appalling parts situation.I also have an 850 CSi BMW that is now 21 years old and I can get the most obscure parts for it mostly next day from my local BMW dealer

Comment

Working...
                                X