How rubbish are Audi now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
    I visited audi years ago and watched them charge an arrogant old man just under £100 to fit a bulb to the rear of his car
    Which is understandable as he'd probably spent most of his adult life in Audi service department

The problem I am finding with newer Audis is that they lure you in with all the bells and whistles and perceived build quality, but they are not really built to last like you would expect (and boy are they expensive and problematic when they go wrong).

Comment

Well the latest is.... They are going to find another car in their used car fleet that's for sale (but apparently they don't have another Biturbo) and start swapping bits over until they cure it... Then, I'm promised, they will replace the parts with new when they find the onerous part.

To be honest I'm past caring, they can give it back in a box for all I care. I told them not to bother telling me anything else just give it back when it's done or just give me a price for it and cut your losses...

When this is done there will be two quite molested A6 Biturbo's about... And apparently The Audi factory tech's will be doing all the work now.. I think I was supposed to say oh wow..

Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by DJones View Post
        Well the latest is.... They are going to find another car in their used car fleet that's for sale (but apparently they don't have another Biturbo) and start swapping bits over until they cure it... Then, I'm promised, they will replace the parts with new when they find the onerous part.

To be honest I'm past caring, they can give it back in a box for all I care. I told them not to bother telling me anything else just give it back when it's done or just give me a price for it and cut your losses...

When this is done there will be two quite molested A6 Biturbo's about... And apparently The Audi factory tech's will be doing all the work now.. I think I was supposed to say oh wow..

Darren.
        Hahaha, oh dear..sometimes it just gets to the point where you have to laugh and not give a toss. Fortunately it sounds like you have reached that point. I know in principle it is a shocking situation but you have a courtesy car and a sense of humour. It could be worse but good luck with it.

Comment

Darren. perhaps you should go and see them in person. Take the ur..... they probably won't even know what it is!
          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Or better still, take the GT40 and tell them you can get any part for it, usually next day
            Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Darren, If you were a horse, they'd finally be able to put a saddle on your back...

They've broken you...
              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

This story needs a bigger audience
                More people should know what a shower of **** this brand really is
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Audi are quite the bunch.. Pretentious A Holes that is. All that seem to work for them at this day in age is complete and utter tossers who will go to no end to have your money. However Audi need a complete rethink on their aftercare and punctuality program. Their aftercare policy may as well be written on toilet paper.

Stafford Audi are the biggest bunch of kn0b heads that I've ever had to deal with.
                  Seven times over the course of almost two years our car had to be taken back to them. It all began with three paint chips to the drivers rear door. I spotted when we went to pick the car up. I personally along with the Sales Executive as they are now called, inspected the car and recorded what required correcting, prior to purchase. Four tyres and two front wheel refurbs was the extent of the list.

After the car was retuned to us and again with further issues identified. I began to make a spreadsheet of the present issue's, how it was returned with dates etc and the person I dealt with.

Bare in mind that Stafford Audi is a 6hr round trip from where we live in the North East with out a pi$$ stop or a cuppa.

It got to the point that the Sales Manager said. We'll find and replace your car with a like for like. I said be my guest you'll not find one in the country with the same spec. Don't worry came his reply. We will locate a car within our network. Leave it with me. I said OK. I'll go back to Korea and I'll give you six weeks to locate that exact same car. Because I searched for a whole year to find it and even drove down on Christmas Eve 2013 to put a deposit on it, much to the dissatisfaction of the wife.

Sure enough. He failed and miserably. So they then tried to smooth things over with offering us a brand new car, but not at the same price I had purchased ours for.

In the end I said look, lets have the car seen to by Audi's approved body shop in the North East, as you've had seven attempts and evidently lack the expertise within your dealership. Sure enough the car was returned to us and all the flagged issues, 9 of them to be precise were resolved with one single visit. The management at Benfield Audi could not believe that Stafford Audi had almost ruined our car with not a single ounce of remorse.

I visited the citizens advice for their opinions and had a solicitor friend scribe a letter. To their management with the aforementioned spreadsheet. Few weeks after they were willing to give me a cheque for X and as I was buying a car trailer, supply but not fit an electric tow bar. Which to be quite frank, doesn't even come close to compensating the numerous phone calls back and forth from Korea, the hassle of organising the Wife to be at home during work hours to swop cars for a loan vehicle, the extra milage as a result of their poor workmanship. But the wife had just had enough.

So two things I've learned the hard way. Try not to buy from Audi in the future. And secondly Audi need to to really investigate/ audit their UK dealers/ franchises as their aftercare policy is as transparent as a sheet of glass and certainly not a true reflection of what the paper copy states it is.

It also beggars belief that Stafford Audi won a silver award last year, for after sales service. I'd love to know how they managed to scoop that!

I've got heaps of photo's if anyone wants to see their quality work.
                  Stuart
                  B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

On motorway today, passed 1 year old Audi RS3 saloon broken down on hard shoulder, man stood on banking with baby in arms and wife. I can only imagine the conversation he must have been having. Something along the lines of 'you paid £40,000 for this thing?!'

Comment

Originally posted by jogi730 View Post
                      Darren. perhaps you should go and see them in person. Take the ur..... they probably won't even know what it is!
                      A couple of years ago I had taken my B4 Quattro to my local Audi dealer to check whether there was a replacement part for the button that locks the rear differential. The Technical Advisor I talked to insisted that Audis NEVER (!!!) had such button until I dragged him out to my car to see it with his own eyes. So... no they won't know what the ur is.

Comment

Originally posted by Audi J View Post
                        On motorway today, passed 1 year old Audi RS3 saloon broken down on hard shoulder, man stood on banking with baby in arms and wife. I can only imagine the conversation he must have been having. Something along the lines of 'you paid £40,000 for this thing?!'
                        yes as you drive past in you quality old audi
                        sigpic
                        Cab 2.3E
                        90q
                        URS6

Comment

Originally posted by SE_30 View Post
                          I've got heaps of photo's if anyone wants to see their quality work.
                          Yes Stuart, another shocking story about Audi , let's see the pictures! We all like pictures!
                          RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
                          RS2 - LHD on the road again
                          RS2 - reduced to component parts
                          RS2 Saloon replica
                          A4 1.8T
                          BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
                          sigpic

Comment

Just to be a bit of devils advocate, which is only having recently been behind the scenes of a major dealership network and I would say that in the main, Audi dealerships in the UK are actually franchises, much like McDonalds or Subway and although they have in effect guidelines they need to adhere to, they aren't totally governed by the OEM manufacturers...

My experience of Audi Northampton recently, Vindis owned, was fine with the service department, but the Sales/Marketing department really don't give a s**t and communication is terrible with no respect for privacy and data protection...

Comment

Well just 4 months ago i bought a lower strut brace for my passat which is an audi part off an S4 it bolts straight onto the subframe cost me £35 quid the same part four months later yes four months later is now £180.00 and all it is is a piece of flat bar with 2 holes in it i kid you not

Comment

Originally posted by 1781cc View Post

My experience of Audi Northampton recently, Vindis owned, was fine with the service department, but the Sales/Marketing department really don't give a s**t and communication is terrible with no respect for privacy and data protection...
                                Have to agree with that , I use Vindis Northampton for Vw not Audi and service bods are great but the sales side are shocking , they really don't give a Shyte ,

Comment

Working...
                                X