Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona Virus

I just wanted to say that this whole Virus thing is just taking over the world just about and people are going mad with the shops and clearing shelves quicker than what staff are putting product on. I work in this industry and it’s trying times and the uncertainty that lies ahead is just simply unknown waters. I hope everyone on here is ok and stays safe and looks after themselves and their elders and the vulnerable people out there. STAY SAFE! There’s a lot of good people on here and I’ve made many friends over the years so look after yourselves and obviously our fantastic motors

Unfortunately all this seems to be a man made issue for many reasons . Hope everyone keeps safe.

Comment

The NHS report on the 2018-19 flu season recorded 1692 deaths attributable to influenza. That puts a perspective on the new 'deadly' virus. Corona worry is a media construct. Why don't we hear about flu deaths every year? Why have we lost all perspective?

I despair but if we all do our bit and minimise social contact, the sooner it will be over and we can get on with meeting other petrol fuelled friends

Comment

Couldn't agree more

Comment

This is how I roll.

unnamed.jpg
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Comment

Low of fire wood Alex?
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

We are all working from home now. Thankfully I have a job (Mech Design Eng) that can be done from home and my company has nearly everything in a cloud)
                I feel for those that can't work from home or can't afford to take time off because they are not and may not be supported financially.

This is going to be another political and ideological event that could have repercussions for a long time.

Stay safe everyone and just hope that our creaky NHS can cope despite the useless, disorganised, tight **** government....
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

It is a crazy situation isn't it, panic buyers are making it far more disruptive than it needs to be. The virus is far more contagious and deadly than normal flu though so anyone at risk really does need to take it seriously and isolate as much as possible for now. Hopefully it will all be over soon.

Should give us all some time to get on with the long lists of jobs on the cars in the next few weeks at least!

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                    This is how I roll.

unnamed.jpg
                    Let's go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over.
                    91 Modded 3B
                    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                      The NHS report on the 2018-19 flu season recorded 1692 deaths attributable to influenza. That puts a perspective on the new 'deadly' virus. Corona worry is a media construct. Why don't we hear about flu deaths every year? Why have we lost all perspective?
                      Tell that to Italy. 3000 dead in a month and 300-500 more will die today and tomorrow and day after tomorrow.
                      It is more contagious than regular flu.
                      If these death would be spreaded over the season like regular flu, then there wouldn't be a problem.
                      Problem is that the medical system is overwhelmed. They need doctor, beds and supplies.
                      Italy sent 10000 medical students to the "field" to help out.

Lets wait 2 weeks and find out how are thing in the UK, France, Germany and Spain. Is it just a regular flu or something more.
                      1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                      1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki View Post

Tell that to Italy. 3000 dead in a month and 300-500 more will die today and tomorrow and day after tomorrow.
                        If these death would be spreaded over the season like regular flu, then there wouldn't be a problem.
                        Problem is that the medical system is overwhelmed. They need doctor, beds and supplies.

Lets wait 2 weeks and find out how are thing in the UK, France, Germany and Spain. Is it just a regular flu or something more.
                        Totally agree, we could still be on the edge of a cliff and about to fall off. Sympathies to anyone that has a loved one that is ill or venerable.
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki View Post

Italy sounds horrendous, have heard from family there that pretty much anyone over 80 is being made comfortable and allowed to die as they don't have the capacity to have everyone on ventilators.

Comment

I agree its a man made issue for many reasons, the mainstream media purposely used it a weapon.
                            They are throwing big numbers left and right, and they forget to mention the real facts:

While the numbers in Italy are high, the average age of the dead is 79.5 year !!!!
                            The virus got Italy off-guard, and their health care system not "so" great.

Also disease spread per day worldwide ranks this virus way below the tuberculosis (3000/day), hepatitis B (2400/day) Pneumonia (2200/day) AIDS/HiV (2100/day).

As soon as the hot weather comes, the virus is dead or if they find the antiserum and this whole panic will disappear just like it came. .
                            Once thing for sure, it will reset few things, and only the very few on the top will benefits. Chinese economy will be hit for a few year (not that I care), crude oil price is low (Im happy) and lets hope the stop market will go back up.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by varia View Post
                              As soon as the hot weather comes, the virus is dead.
                              Why should the virus disappear with hot weather?
                              By your logic there should be no virus in Australia. It is 32 degrees in Sydney. And in Celsius not in fahrenheit.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                              1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Working...
                              X