No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 7A will just need some ITBs..... And some straight through sidepipes, with four exits of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
      You are all deluded, no-one has immunity, and if you pass it to an over 70 year old, there is a one in seven chance they end up in hospital.

No healthcare system can handle that without massive deaths.

If you aren't socially distancing, and washing your hands then SHAME ON YOU.

If you are continuing going to work while feeling ill, then SHAME ON YOU. Go home, rest up, get better.
      S

if you don't follow the government advice, then you are needlessly condemning people, especially older people, to death.

Get over yourselves and start acting like a responsible citizen.

Rant over, but I do not regret it.
      This x 100.

My neighbours had their mum and dad plus gran over for Mothers day today... FFS.

When are people going to understand what social distancing actually means?

Probably when it is too late and Dr's in the UK have to decide who to save and who to leave to die on a hospital trolley???

Stay safe everyone.

On a lighter note I cleansed and waxed my S2 for the first time this year. I will post up some pics tomorrow....
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

One of the big challenges with all of this from a psychological perspective is that what ever is done now is 2 weeks behind when it impacts. Keep safe everyone. Hopefully there will be help for self employed coming as I feel for everyone in this situation that is making it challenging for some to stick to the isolation needed.

https://informationisbeautiful.net/v...phic-datapack/
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

UK now in lockdown well done Boris all we need to do is for everyone to obey so we can get rid of the deadly virus. I keep saying it all the time but really stay safe everyone. **** just got real for me as my sister has symptoms and is a single parent with a 3yr old lad, got some groceries for her and had to pass them through the downstairs window she didn't look good so keeping a close eye on her.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Anthony, that must be very difficult as well as the little one to look after. All fingers crossed for them!!

Meanwhile down south, the animals are almost on the verge of anarchy. After Boris gave his address to the nation at 8.30 pm a local lass posted on that local village group i'm on and said at least 50 people mostly young piled into the fairly local Tesco mini store around 10 and cleared the shelves and punched one of the assistants in the face. Same thing happened up north ish (posted on fb Coupe / Cabriolet troupe)

Makes my blood boil, It's at times like these with animals behaving like animals i wish this chap would make an appearence!

https://youtu.be/3ishbTwXf1g
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Oh and in Hitchin Hertfordshire, between Luton and Cambridge 3 young punks, 2 local white trash one an illegal black immigrant, crack coccain dealers went up to an old couple walking along the street and coughed right into their faces. Not reported on the bbc but the video is doing the rounds. Tommy Robinson witnessed it remonstrated with them and got told to calm down by the old bill when they eventually turned up. You could't make this stuff up!
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Unfortunately as a stiuation like this can bring out the best in people,the flip side is it brings out the worst in others
                Everyone i've spoke to (on the phone) welcomes the lockdown,as do i,time to put an end to this virus...
                As mentioned above,hopefully there will be some kind of help for the self employed soon as not leaving the house to go to work means no money coming in whatsover,although i'm self employed myself,i'm in the fortunate position to be living at home,and also working here doing some alteration all be it at a vastly reduced rate.
                I feel for those who effectively live hand to mouth where income is concerned ,that being said you can't put a price on your own,your loved ones or anyone elses health/life.
                I wish everyone all the best,stay safe!
                It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

we're in semi-lockdown here now. everyone working from home who can, no concerts etc, pubs, restaurants closed, not allowed to be in groups >3 persons etc. until june.... tough times ahead, I hope we all continue to help each other (both persons and businesses) so we get trough this with not only our health but also economics in good enough shape

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                    we're in semi-lockdown here now. everyone working from home who can, no concerts etc, pubs, restaurants closed, not allowed to be in groups >3 persons etc. until june.... tough times ahead, I hope we all continue to help each other (both persons and businesses) so we get trough this with not only our health but also economics in good enough shape
                    It will be surely tough for the economy limiting the moves of the people for 3 months.

Comment

there will be a lot of small businesses going bankrupt if they don't get help.

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                        there will be a lot of small businesses going bankrupt if they don't get help.
                        They are getting help.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post

They are getting help.
                          Here most are, what's the situation in Holland Henkjan?

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                            The NHS report on the 2018-19 flu season recorded 1692 deaths attributable to influenza. That puts a perspective on the new 'deadly' virus. Corona worry is a media construct. Why don't we hear about flu deaths every year? Why have we lost all perspective?

I despair but if we all do our bit and minimise social contact, the sooner it will be over and we can get on with meeting other petrol fuelled friends
                            well that comment has quickly become premature and naive.

Comment

The facts I stand by - they are facts.

The despair and encouragement for everyone to do their bit I stand by - we need to.

The media worry comment I also standby - unless they can see 2 weeks into the future, they weren't reporting, they were predicting or guessing on a virus even the scientists are still learning about.
                              Last edited by steve briance; 2 April 2020, 07:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswan View Post

well that comment has quickly become premature and naive.
                                Indeed.

We know the flu is deadly, to the extent that circa 14m people receive a vaccine against it in the UK each year, with the government and workplaces offering the vaccine for free to protect people at a massive cost. Yet still thousands die.

So to downplay the severity of a similar virus, that has a higher mortality rate, is 4 times more contagious than flu and has no current vaccine or cure.... well, it's a little silly.

Tell the 100-200k people in the US that are predicted to die, by experts not the media, that 'Corona worry is a media construct'.

Behave, pipe down, stay at home if you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X