Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John. View Post
    Anthony, I think he was setting a bad example for sure. I just wondered your take on it as he was basically bringing risk to your community and those of the area he was travelling through should something of went wrong.
    Glad to hear you're well
    So,......... was it alright for the snp leader Ian Blackford to drive 11hrs all the way up from Wetsminister to Sky during lockdown? I bet he stopped for a comfort break and to eat a few pies on the way!

Another one, Steven kinnock. Labour mp visiting his parents Neil and Glynus Kinnock end of march for his dads 78th birthday, what about that?

What about Tahir Ali labour mp attending a funeral along with 100 other mourners on the 3 April? What about that?

Of course the press don't want to speak about this as it's not part of their agenda, is that why you don't mention it?
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by mackenzie50 View Post
      Nobody else in the UK did what he did- it's simply one rule for him/those in power, and one rule for the rest of us.
      We obeyed the lockdown rules no matter how hard.
      Arrogance , bull####, and denial prevail -
      disgraceful behaviour.
      Can't believe you guys excuse him.
      Nobodys excusing him Colin, but i think under the circumstances he had no option, i'd do the same if i had an autistic child, reason explained above, and the wife was seriously ill and these are my genuine thoughts.

Scotlands chief medical officer Catherine Calderwood who went to her second home miles away for the weekend twice i think it was, that was purely for pleasure and inexcusable.

I've been in extreme isolation during this nightmare for obvious reasons, i never want to meet another ventilator again, it's my choice. I'm not complaining at all i'm quite happy, but what i've seen others flouting the rules, VE day being one, neighbours lubricated with bottles of wine till 11pm partying and literally rubbing shoulders with different households.I could not believe it.

So everybodys situation is different. My wifes twin Sister was raped at school by 5 boys when she was 16, and has never been the same since and gets looked after by the state and us for all her needs. Major problems there, A+E visits over the last 23 years since i've know my wife. I'll let you fill in the gaps.

So, no councillors or workshops she attends weekly for her mental health since all this covid mess started.She's extremely venerable, the family feared the worst, so a decision was taken we would move her out of her flat and stay with her older sister. My wife moved her, this was after lockdown. What choice did we have? None. It had to be done or, well ..........i'll leave that to your imagination, but we wouldn't have been able to attend the funeral.

So everybody's situation is different, and nobody knows what another mans shoes is like unless you've traveled in them yourself.

Hope you and the family are well and stay safe, at least you've got the scenery up there to put a smile on your face.
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

...….And someone's had some time on their hands!

Comment

The rules were written in a way so as to imply that stay at home meant stay at home. Cummings was probably closely involved in writing them so if anyone knew where the grey areas and wriggle room was it was him. The plan was to put everyone under voluntary house arrest using fear and a high level of implied threat without actually saying as much.
          1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
          2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
          2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

On a lighter note, if anyone's needing their eyes tested?!...….. https://www.brewdog.com/uk/barnard-castle-eye-test

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
              On a lighter note, if anyone's needing their eyes tested?!...….. https://www.brewdog.com/uk/barnard-castle-eye-test
              Nice one John-
              I'm going to order a case of that when their website settles down-
              I have fond memories of my own trips to Barnard Castle

Comment

Some years ago I hasten to add....ha ha!

Comment

Originally posted by mackenzie50 View Post
                  Some years ago I hasten to add....ha ha!
                  Aye me too, wasn't during lock-down!

I tried Brew Dogs "Tactical Nuclear Penguin" once....was served in a shot glass.....rank it was ! Had to try it though. The night got wilder as it went on.

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                    The NHS report on the 2018-19 flu season recorded 1692 deaths attributable to influenza. That puts a perspective on the new 'deadly' virus. Corona worry is a media construct. Why don't we hear about flu deaths every year? Why have we lost all perspective?

I despair but if we all do our bit and minimise social contact, the sooner it will be over and we can get on with meeting other petrol fuelled friends
                    Media

Construct

Comment

• Originally posted by John. View Post
                      What was that all about. I saw many jokes on eye tests and blind driving but missed the origin

Comment

• Originally posted by Henkjan View Post

What was that all about. I saw many jokes on eye tests and blind driving but missed the origin
                        He (Cummings) went for a drive to "test his eyesight". He said it, so it must be true !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by John. View Post

He (Cummings) went for a drive to "test his eyesight". He said it, so it must be true !!!!
                          Lol!!! Has to be true John we believe all our Politicians ha ha!

Comment

Working...
                          X