No announcement yet.

KKDMotorsport -AVOID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can see from the first pic that the head flange was put on a linisher to attempt to flatten it after it must have warped when being built. It was never completely flat as a result. I paid to have it milled flat which cost a fair bit on top of the purchase cost.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I hav heard about that manifold wrapping aint good, but so far so good after one summer of cruising. And full stainless steel manifold. Maybe its just too early to say, time will tell what happens. Wrap are not ordinary manifold wrap, its from welding spark cover/flame cover fabric. Im not sure how much heat does it isolate, but i know that it can take alot of heat .
      There is not that much space on urS4 neither, but there it sits. Yea, the wastegate, dont ask, it is pain in the *** place, if you want to touch it.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
        Actually, just checked my manifold and the turbo flange is actually cranked further around than yours. Don't know why I thought it was inline with the head

Sept 2015 engine bay.jpg
        I have just put the old K24 against it and it’s looking like hopefully it will fit .Obviously new turbo will be larger but being on V band and with possibly of rotating it maybe it will work .
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

How does it look if you lay the straight edge flat across the flange, or lay the gasket on the flange? You want the ports to line up with the runners.

Mild steel moves easier than stainless so you should be able to bolt it up leak free.

Looks like you’ve got enough room for a good sized turbo too!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
            How does it look if you lay the straight edge flat across the flange, or lay the gasket on the flange? You want the ports to line up with the runners.

Mild steel moves easier than stainless so you should be able to bolt it up leak free.

Looks like you’ve got enough room for a good sized turbo too!
            Hi John
            Straight edge showing that the flange isn’t perfectly straight.When I started tightening up the nuts it pulls it straight and closing up the gap .
            It will need a little bit of porting as well .

Comment

Working...
            X