No announcement yet.

tattoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got one (my avatar) to commemorate the birth of my kids (upper arm). I can honestly say it wasn't that sore you big bunch of jessies..

Comment

I beg to differ on the pain comments with regards to bone and fleshiest.

As a reference I have tattoos across my upper and lower back, right calve muscle, right shoulder, left upper arm, left forearm and on both sides of my head.

The least painful are those on the muscles like in the avatar above, simply a mild burning sensation, side of the head where there is no real nerves it doesn't hurt either but after 2.5hrs on one side it gives you a headache.

My upper back wasn't too bad the lower back was a bit funny as it hits the nerves so it feels like both left and right are being done at the same time.

The second most painfull was where my calve tattoo got right into the back of the knee the fleshy part during line work. Saying that a 5hr sitting of just the linework and black shading straight after having ones tongue pierced (12-13yrs ago) wasn't the smartest decision I ever made. To then go back within a week to do the colouring which was another 6hr session. Normally wouldn't have done such extreme sittings 3hrs is more than enough but the artist was visiting from Australia and booked to fly home the day after it was finished.

What was really the killer and the only one I ever had to take a breather on was some linework on the inside of my upper arm. As a reference point poke your finger inbetween the bicep and triceps on the inner part of your upper arm and wiggle it firmly back and forth and feel it go across all those lovely nerve endings.
      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Ok - you win

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
        I beg to differ on the pain comments with regards to bone and fleshiest.

As a reference I have tattoos across my upper and lower back, right calve muscle, right shoulder, left upper arm, left forearm and on both sides of my head.

The least painful are those on the muscles like in the avatar above, simply a mild burning sensation, side of the head where there is no real nerves it doesn't hurt either but after 2.5hrs on one side it gives you a headache.

My upper back wasn't too bad the lower back was a bit funny as it hits the nerves so it feels like both left and right are being done at the same time.

The second most painfull was where my calve tattoo got right into the back of the knee the fleshy part during line work. Saying that a 5hr sitting of just the linework and black shading straight after having ones tongue pierced (12-13yrs ago) wasn't the smartest decision I ever made. To then go back within a week to do the colouring which was another 6hr session. Normally wouldn't have done such extreme sittings 3hrs is more than enough but the artist was visiting from Australia and booked to fly home the day after it was finished.

What was really the killer and the only one I ever had to take a breather on was some linework on the inside of my upper arm. As a reference point poke your finger inbetween the bicep and triceps on the inner part of your upper arm and wiggle it firmly back and forth and feel it go across all those lovely nerve endings.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
          his avatar used to be the audi rings on his arm.
          He he - I gathered that but it was just the thought of a Bedford Rascal van tattoo on his arm is funny
          Audi S2 Coupe 1995
          VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
          VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
          Carrera Subway 8

Comment

Originally posted by benntenn67 View Post
            He he - I gathered that but it was just the thought of a Bedford Rascal van tattoo on his arm is funny
            probably get rust poisoning from it

Its interesting to see what people do go for, a lot stick to the usual stuff but once in a while you get someone with something interesting come along.

Comment

Managed to convince the missus to join in too with the start of a own leg peice
              Attached Files

Comment

To answer the original question, which I don't think has been covered go to the pharmacy and get Emla cream, commonly used to numb babies arms before getting a jag usually but used for getting tattoos apply about an hour before getting zapped and it should ease the pain. This will not affect the process at all but I would keep it a secret from the artist, partly because most don't like it(tho it makes no difference) and it would give them an excuse if it goes **** up but mostly to hide the fact you have a vagina

Comment

BAPENTHEN every time for after care

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                    BAPENTHEN every time for after care

Comment

For pain management find anything with benzocaine in it and use it topically to help numb the area, normally found in ear ache drops or aftersun lotion(sunburn cream). And a big dose of codiene, we have this available without a script used in headache tablets normally combined with ibuprofen or paracetamol
                      ABY S2 stroker (work in progress)

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

No pain no gain, I reckon the pain is just part of the process OK I'll admit it hurts like hell on some bits but surely that's just how it goes. Maybe I'm just weird haha

Comment

A friend of mine was in 22 squadron and he had it together with the regiment plaque tattooed on the soles of his feet...

He used to say if he wasn't dead he would be stood on them which is why he had it their....

I would need a general anaesthetic.... Or the artist would need a face guard can't stand my feet being touched....

Comment

Originally posted by campbellWS View Post
                            Emla cream, commonly used to numb babies arms before getting a jag :
                            ... a baby driving a Jag with numb arms
                            Audi S2 Coupe 1995
                            VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
                            VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
                            Carrera Subway 8

Comment

Originally posted by benntenn67 View Post
                              ... a baby driving a Jag with numb arms
                              Good one well spotted

Comment

Working...
                              X