Previous owner surprises and bodges!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dest View Post
    For the last time, you cant get any bits in there, its too deep!
    Ooops Didn't mean to upset you! But you can get long torx bits, or a torx allen key.. We have a right angle drill at work so only a bit deeper than the chuck of the drill, maybe you can get something like that in there. Or is it possible to undo the steering column lower down and pull the wheel towards you?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post
      I think thinking about cutting it, but Im not 100% sure whether my new wheel will go straight on yet, or Ive read it might need different stalks, and column shroud.
      So I dont want to cut it up and be stuck with a car I cant use!
      I'm sure I know a couple of people with the shroud and stalks if need be.

Comment

I've got one,
        WHen I bought my UR, 15 years ago! After a while probobly 20.000 miles it started making a big end knock when it was cold, slowly got worse. Removed the sump and just no2 bearing was nice and copper shinney. new pair of bearings and off we go.
        Add another 25.000 and time for the ABY convertion.
        Sold the crappy 10valve but the bloke wanted a few new parts before it went in his UR. rering and new bearings, ok. get to no2 and the rod was bent like banana!
        I couldn't beleive it ran so well,didn't bust and I had thrashed it to ******y!
        changed the rod and off it went
        Must have had blow up before I got it....
        Rob..
        94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
        87 UR 20v ABY
        97 S6 Avant
        96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
        1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Working...
        X