New daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ross b View Post
    Nice project, always liked these. I thought drivers and passenger seats were angled differently to kater for driving position, so couldn't be swapped? Or is it just the bases that are different?
    Not noticed any difference in the angle, the backs just swapped straight over.
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

That's very handy to know and just potentially saved me a bit of money, presumably these seats are identical to the earlier 100, urs4 seats in design

Comment

Looks great! I know what you mean when it's supposed to be the daily, but you just can't resist... I got buried by other things and never had the time to do mine justice, but I'm chuffed that Craig has got some good results. Looking forward to seeing this complete.

I still miss mine, but console myself with the fact that I've had some time to focus on the CQ.

I've still got 8 ARP head bolts sitting in the loft that I won't be needing btw - you'd only need 4 more
        1997 A6 (C4)Q TDi http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=291269 - Sold
        1987 CQ85RS
        1994 S2 Avant- Gone
        1991 V8 -Gone, but lives on in the TDi and CQ

Fintray Hillclimb - 33.20s
        Doune Hillclimb - 55.02s
        Forrestburn Hillclimb - 52.61

Comment

Originally posted by raymor View Post
          I've still got 8 ARP head bolts sitting in the loft that I won't be needing btw - you'd only need 4 more
          I only saw your post on TDi club after I'd ordered two sets from Kerma, so I've got 8 spares too
          sigpic

Comment

I'm comforted by a bit of shared madness... buying them individually in the UK was another £100 notes extra.
            1997 A6 (C4)Q TDi http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=291269 - Sold
            1987 CQ85RS
            1994 S2 Avant- Gone
            1991 V8 -Gone, but lives on in the TDi and CQ

Fintray Hillclimb - 33.20s
            Doune Hillclimb - 55.02s
            Forrestburn Hillclimb - 52.61

Comment

Don't put a K24 7000 as it takes sometime to spool. Starts about 2200rpm and full boost as 3200rpm. But kept in the right rev band its quick. Still to get a proper remap for my setup with large nozzles so hopefully get it done soon.
              Audi A6 AEL 5cyl Quattro breaking.
              Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                I know this is supposed to be my sensible daily driver, but I can't resist meddleing with it
                It would be rude not to

Its funny how dailys work out, still at least diesels use less fuel than the 20vt.

You are giving me more bad ideas for our tdis.

Cylinder heads look strange without combustion chambers!

It will be interesting to hear what kind of a difference this makes when driving, it looks very good!
                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                  As you can see from the pic below, the drivers seat on my car has had a very hard life!

Nice repair, my drivers bolster in UrS4 looks exactly the same, was going to get it repaired but maybe best to source a seat back from another motor. Only problem is the leather in mine is N0K/HE (platinum) and don't think its very common. I will take it down to my leather shop and see what they say!

Comment

Originally posted by K7ERG View Post
                    Don't put a K24 7000 as it takes sometime to spool. Starts about 2200rpm and full boost as 3200rpm.
                    I would hazard a guess that if you get that bad spool on a K24 7000 something is really wrong with the mapping.
                    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                      I would hazard a guess that if you get that bad spool on a K24 7000 something is really wrong with the mapping.
                      Sounds like whats happening with philj's car. He changed from the smaller later 1z turbo to the earlier bigger one and says its a lot laggier more than he would have expected.

Comment

It all of course depends on boost control, but if the N75 map is for a smaller turbo, then of course it will taper right off where the smaller turbo would be spooled up all the way, thus completely killing spoolup on a larger turbo, as it needs the wastegate shut for a far longer time.
                        But it's not normal that this turbo on a 2.5 diesel engine spools this slow.

The K24 7000 on the AEL is a good and popular mod.

Andy - get this done and I'll map it as well.
                        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by K7ERG View Post
                          Don't put a K24 7000 as it takes sometime to spool. Starts about 2200rpm and full boost as 3200rpm. But kept in the right rev band its quick. Still to get a proper remap for my setup with large nozzles so hopefully get it done soon.
                          This was the one option we came up with when looking for parts to build a hybrid. We were going to bolt the K24 comp wheel and housing onto the K14 body. Thiw would have given more power once spooled, but I wasn't convined that it would help with the bottom end so I decided against it. It's a fairly simple job to do if I change my mind later though.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi Andy,

Re-prompted to look at your mods thread for this C4 AEL, when you put it back together with the fresh head, turbo, matched manifolds, what was it like?, was there a noticable improvement or a pronounced?, look forward to your comments, looks lovely in the snow on it's way back from it's mot.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by macspring; 16 February 2014, 22:10.

Comment

Not fitted the head yet. My plan is to run the A6 over winter while I work on the S2, then swap and work on the A6 over summer.
                              sigpic

Comment

prj- I have some logs from vagcom if you would like a look?

It is running a remap for a k14 at the moment.
                                Audi A6 AEL 5cyl Quattro breaking.
                                Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro Stage 2

Comment

Working...
                                X