No announcement yet.

Need pictures of S2/4/6 with 1.8t/2.5tfsi coilpack looms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never wondered how it would look without them though.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
      See, I always wondered what it would look like without the ribs and now I know. Hate it. IMO the ribs look great, especially when given something to make them pop, like this:

Now I ain't gona say that doesn't look great, because it does. I just like anything that isn't the norm, different ideas, how many people run 7a's on 20vt heads? Whether its standard, polished or painted with god dam red crinkle paint, each to their own! And I hope cab9fab continues to shave away more material from anywhere he can because less is always most definately more
      Last edited by campbellWS; 16 June 2012, 18:30.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        Mike: Correct me if I wrong but I think the rubber boots on the 4 pin coil pack connectors in your photo are 4A0906102A "grommet"

To be honest Dave I'm not sure...the kit was on the car when I brought it...

I do have the receipt from the previous owner for the kit, so I'll check...

Comment

Originally posted by cab9fab View Post
          For my URQ project, this angle (30 deg) will work on a 7A cover as well...

Machined...and kept very snug for OEM fit

...and shaved...for cleanliness

...a model based on the 7A cover used to set feature dimensions/clearances and set up the CNC programming...

Very nice work on the machining. Have you tried the coils onto an engine yet? They dont look like they will sit down far enough to me?

Comment

Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post
            Very nice work on the machining. Have you tried the coils onto an engine yet? They dont look like they will sit down far enough to me?
            Not fired it up, but the position was determined with the coils engaged onto the plugs with no cover to determine height from the head's upper sealing surface. Then the coils and things were modeled in SW, to get an idea of if there was enough material to even do it this way.

It was close, but should work as is or with a bit more tweaking. They are engaged now, but the boots are snug enough that it is tough to feel any detent engagement down at the plug.

I don't believe this would work with anything but the tall 2.0t/2.5 coils; the 1.8t would require boring deeper, and there isn't much material left to do so, as shown in the cross-section above.

Comment

Not wanting to tread on your toes as you have done a very thorough job with it, but did you measure it up with a gasket under the cam cover?

I had to machine a slice off the side of the round piece to let the coils sit down fully. My coils dont have the rubber boots on them so you could feel they wern't fully down.

Comment

Hmm...that is strange. I've measured and accounted for the gasket, which is roughly 3mm (prob. closer to 2.5mm torqued down). Can't say I've never made a mistake though...

And you've used the longer VAG coils? I see they are red and obviously sit lower than mine. I'll need to double check some things, I suppose.

<edit> I can only assume that the example above is using the shorter VAG coil packs, which are 14mm shorter than the ones on current models, and the ones I've chosen for my build. Here is another example of them on a cover that is nearly the same as 7A...

I've double checked mine as well and can confirm that they are also the correct height...

Anyway, carry on...
                Last edited by Wheeljack; 28 June 2012, 21:44. Reason: Added more info

Comment

Pnanassy also had to do the same as g60rallye

Comment

Originally posted by Wheeljack View Post
                    Hmm...that is strange. I've measured and accounted for the gasket, which is roughly 3mm (prob. closer to 2.5mm torqued down). Can't say I've never made a mistake though...

And you've used the longer VAG coils? I see they are red and obviously sit lower than mine. I'll need to double check some things, I suppose.

<edit> I can only assume that the example above is using the shorter VAG coil packs, which are 14mm shorter than the ones on current models, and the ones I've chosen for my build. Here is another example of them on a cover that is nearly the same as 7A...

I've double checked mine as well and can confirm that they are also the correct height...

Anyway, carry on...
                    That is a Sport cover.
                    They were 60 Euro each back in 2008 during Audi fire sale.
                    I bought one... should have bought 10.
                    www.quattro.ca
                    B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
                    B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

no. this is a converted (DOHC 4V written on) 7A.

kind regards!
                      S2 Coupe ABY
                      S2 Sedan
                      S6 20V Avant
                      www.audis2.de

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang View Post
                        no. this is a converted (DOHC 4V written on) 7A. kind regards!
                        Interesting. The "tell" is the direction of the (Audi) logo. This is a 7A cam cover (Sport Q cam cover under the 7A photo):

This is a Sport Q cam cover:

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

coil pack conversion

This is my set up at the moment ... could you tell me what coild packs you are using with the red outline around them as they are the ones im needing to make my coils sit flush in my top cover rs4 coils are they?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by betterwith4 View Post
                            This is my set up at the moment ... could you tell me what coild packs you are using with the red outline around them as they are the ones im needing to make my coils sit flush in my top cover rs4 coils are they?
                            This what I am currently running, the taller 115E 4.2L V8 coilpacks (no trimming required)

This what they look like in place. (Note: In 2013 I got a good deal on 5 coil packs and a "professional" harness (Apikol or 034) so I abandoned my original 2005 prototype harness that was still working fine (just ugly) and installed the professionally done harness). Photo is from my injector insert replacement post: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/266127.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

So are they roughly half inch taller than he standard black ones i have on mine atm? A lad i know is running rs6 coils are they the same? (They look same)

Comment

Infact scrap that last reply i just had a brain fart and realised there the same frigging ones hahaha 😂 cheers mate ill be getting a couple of those shortly then make my engine look a little more tidy woth my aluminium cover 😇😈

Comment

Working...
                                X