Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's latest with Clarkson/BBC/TopGear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
    Interesting that Clarkson reported it and the other guy did not, the show will move to dave or sky ( although with adverts )

They can keep the name but it won't be the same and the BBC know it, the whole reason it's popular is that people are waiting for an incident like this to happen during the show!

think the bbc own a bit of dave , thats way the old bbc stuff gets shown on it
    service tec @ East Kent Audi
    S2 ABY
    B8.5 A4

Comment

Totally agree Top Gear is no use without Clarkson and you have to admire the loyality shown by Hammond and May hats off to them. Clarkson is having a meeting on Tuesday with a senior BBC Director so am guessing that will be verdict time. I sent a email to the BBC complaining of the way how the BBC has made this into a circus and that Clarkson is like marmite you love him or loathe the guy but no matter the opinion everyone agrees without Clarkson Top Gear is no use. The BBC did send a reply saying investigations are ongoing and hope for a verdict soon. I personally am a huge fan and went to see Top Gear live at Newcastle and it was the BEST live show I have ever been to and great banter with the chaps long may TOP GEAR continue

Comment

They won't have to fire anyone. All three of their contracts is up at the end of this season, so it's more if they decide to keep them all on or not.

It looks like if Clarkson goes, they all might go. But, he will not be easily replaced.
        But, I heard May say in an interview last year that the time will eventually come when they will need to find replacements, and they will do something else.

Comment

Looks like it might be game over:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31981751

With profit being such a dirty word for many at the BBC they're probably pleased to be rid of Top Gear! They can just stick to making boring middle of the road sitcoms and communist news broadcasts now.

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
            Looks like it might be game over:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31981751

With profit being such a dirty word for many at the BBC they're probably pleased to be rid of Top Gear! They can just stick to making boring middle of the road sitcoms and communist news broadcasts now.
            Clarkson is a genius in that show as far as i am concerned although i remember last year when duffelcoat mentioned it was back on air the were quite a few commentators on here who thought the show boring.I agree about the boring BBC sitcoms but where do you get the communist news broadcasts bit from?
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
              Clarkson is a genius in that show as far as i am concerned although i remember last year when duffelcoat mentioned it was back on air the were quite a few commentators on here who thought the show boring.I agree about the boring BBC sitcoms but where do you get the communist news broadcasts bit from?
              It's quite a long standing accusation:
              http://www.cps.org.uk/publications/r...s-at-the-beeb/
              http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...udy-finds.html

There's even a website dedicated to it which I just found!
              http://biasedbbc.org/quotes-of-shame/

If they are telling you what you want to hear then I guess the slant isn't so annoying.

Comment

I haven't got the time to read all of that but surely people who watch the BBC are more than capable to make their own minds up rather than listen to some obscure bit of research. Even if it were true whats wrong with the BBC reporting people going to food banks and people sleeping rough.That sort of reporting should be of interest in a caring society which sadly England definitely is not anymore. I sit in the middle of the political spectrum but i would absolutely love it if a good few UKIP Mps get voted into parliament
                to shake up the other parties who are in denial of the imigration that has swamped our country.

Give me a specific topic that you feel the BBC shows this communist agenda?I might be able to see were your coming from.
                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

You'd love it if UKIP got into parliament? whats next? you sleep in far to much in the morning so lets set fire to your bed whilst your in it?

Comment

I sit in the middle of the political spectrum but i would absolutely love it if a good few UKIP Mps get voted into parliament
                    to shake up the other parties who are in denial of the imigration that has swamped our country.
                    The general reporting of UKIP is a good example. Last week Farage was shown saying that he thought people should be able to discriminate in favour of British people for jobs. Yet all the press turned this into a question of race. This BBC article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31846453 is fairly neutral overall but the headline reads:
                    "Nigel Farage would axe 'much of' race discrimination law"

So they start off by implying with the headline that he wants to allow racism. This fits nicely with how too many people like to bracket UKIP as racist so they can ignore the actual issue of mass immigration from Europe. Anyone giving the news a casual glance just sees another example of UKIP being racist which wasn't the case. As soon as you put a biased headline on something you have swayed readers toward that bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                      You'd love it if UKIP got into parliament? whats next? you sleep in far to much in the morning so lets set fire to your bed whilst your in it?
                      Did you really read what i wrote? I don't think so! My logging on in the mornings has F all to do with you.Tell you what....i will ram a Molotov coktail down your throat and then wash you mouth out.
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

I'm not sure I ever had much respect for the BBC as a whole. Certain aspects of it (Radio and world service) are good but even the news has become cumbersome to the point where I refuse to watch it. Having said that, nobody else is good at news either, so I just tend to read it online.

Any respect I did have for them began to be seriously eroded when they insisted on huge severance packages for people who have not earned it. Astonishingly stupid contracts offered to people in the name of entertainment when they should really be answering to the people who pay the money (the licence payer) The concept behind the licence fee is communist and similar to communism, the product you get "free" is appalling. We theoretically live in a free world where we can choose what to do. The BBC need to stand on their own two feet and sink/swim (sink I would imagine)

Back on topic though, Clarkson is a ***** and that is what makes Top Gear (entertainment, not a car review show) so watchable. 3 middle aged men, randomly moving from one calamity to the next, with these incidents punctuated by going sideways in cars we will never be able to own. What is there not to like.

The BBC should air the remaining shows. That is clearly what the public want and have paid for. They should then say no more, sack him or not renew the contracts and sell the rights and do something constructive for once with the revenue raised. Little hope of any common sense being used though. Thank god for subscription TV where you get what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
                          The general reporting of UKIP is a good example. Last week Farage was shown saying that he thought people should be able to discriminate in favour of British people for jobs. Yet all the press turned this into a question of race. This BBC article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31846453 is fairly neutral overall but the headline reads:
                          "Nigel Farage would axe 'much of' race discrimination law"

So they start off by implying with the headline that he wants to allow racism. This fits nicely with how too many people like to bracket UKIP as racist so they can ignore the actual issue of mass immigration from Europe. Anyone giving the news a casual glance just sees another example of UKIP being racist which wasn't the case. As soon as you put a biased headline on something you have swayed readers toward that bias.
                          Your absolutely right,totally agree with you there.I wish people would debate more on this sort of stuff instead of being frightened into silence for fear of what others might think.

Not just the BBC guilty on that one but also Cameron, he jumped on Farage too trying to score poitical points.
                          Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 20 March 2015, 14:37.
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

surely people who watch the BBC are more than capable to make their own minds up .

No they're not.
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Sure, some may not be capable but just like the electorate who will be going to the polls very soon we will have no choice in accepting what these people vote for be they capable or not.

Don't you think it sad that football,F1,Golf and god knows what else that used to make the BBC great has all been bought of by Sky and now you have to pay much much more to see that stuff.
                              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Only because like a great deal of the public sector, it is a hugely wasteful organisation with a poor work ethic
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X