Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's latest with Clarkson/BBC/TopGear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BBC set the standards(and kept them for a long time)in world and home news reporting...but they have been woeful in recent times..
    Most recently their disgracefully blatant support for the 'No' lobby in their coverage of Independence for Scotland campaigns.
    BBC = lies and propaganda for the UK Establishment.
    Of course it wasn't surprising, just deeply reprehensible,and sullied the image of the good, unbiased reporters that do still work for the corporation.

Comment

I've just applied for a job at the bbc. It's not top gear though. Lol

The beeb will come out this far worse than Clarkson and they know it. They'll try and maintain the moral high ground though and protect the reputation of the organisation as far as they can.

If I was may or hammond I would be worried.

Comment

Tomorrow's Top Gear episode replaced with: "Caribbean with Simon Reeve"

I am offically depresed

Comment

Least we can still watch them on BBC3 and Dave!!!

Comment

Funnily enough the public sector aren't wasteful just bopping to different beats I.e. A political one not the bottom line! Politics is about getting re-elected and being seen to be doing something to get re-elected so public sector workers live in constant fear of being sacked as they're not pandering to political whim. Hence ****** all happens. However the BBC don't even have that excuse they're just ineffectual and overpaid, including Clarkson.

Seems to me he wants out.........for a bigger contract to do TG somewhere else. Would any of us be surprised if the TG team popped up on Sky for a £billions contract?
            Last edited by Veg; 22 March 2015, 09:00.

Comment

As somone who has worked in the public sector for the last 10 years, its a bit more dysfunctional than that. People tend to work in the public sector because of one or more of three reasons.

1) Job security
              2) They have no choice (their career is reliant on the public sector)
              3) They find public service satisfying

Otherwise they wouldn't put up with the largely terrible salaries they get paid.

The problem is that for those who work for reasons 1 and 2, they're often promoted to an appropriate level of incompetence which is why there is so much bureacracy. Management (and those who passed the Local Government Act) haven't realised that imposing yet more complicated processes and procedures on a workforce that is already struggling with complication isn't going to solve the problem. That's when the purpose of the bureacracy becomes about risk management and **** covering. The solution is actually better management (particularly leadership).

The beeb is a little different in the sense that they value creativity as one of their organisational values. Beyond that though, I can't say.

Comment

You may have knocked the nail right on the head there. Sky, aka rupert Merdock, Is all powerfull at the moment.
                They have already messed with F1, why not Top Gear.
                Which is all well and good if you have Sky, which I dont. Nore will I ever have.
                I refuse to be forced into paying for it just to watch f1 live. Its no good watching it when you know the results, even though the BBC do everything in there power to make sure you hear the results before they show the highlights. Barstuards. Cluck the BBC.
                No longer a British insitution. More like the Maffia every day.

Comment

I've felt the same way about the license fee. It's not paying it which is the issue for me though, its being forced to pay it. I like what the beeb does on the whole - they take public service seriously. If they moved to a model that was commercially driven, we'd just see even more crap than is on already. Compared to TV in somewhere like NZ, I think that the BBC is an oasis of intelligence and insight. I'd like to think that they could continue but on the basis they're self funded but I doubt it.

The beebs organisational values are worth checking out. I think they've been written to a high standard compared to some of the cliches I've seen used in local government.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/corporate2/insi...ion_and_values

Comment

This could be your TopGear replacement presenter....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/c...arkson-4176402

Talk about overpaid....

Comment

Wont be watching if Evans joins!!:corey:

Comment

If you think public service is underpaid, you should try working in the private sector!

Comment

Yep!!!! The government love to play each sector of against each other especially this government, to justify the conditions they would like us to live in in order they and their mates can continue to live in the lap of luxury.
                          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                          96 URS6 plus speck estate
                          94 2.6 80 Avant
                          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Oh no. I can't listen to radio 2 because of him! Mind you I found Absolute instead so a win for me....

Comment

Originally posted by Veg View Post
                              Oh no. I can't listen to radio 2 because of him! Mind you I found Absolute instead so a win for me....
                              I can't believe how much money he makes as a radio show host... I know he owned a production co, etc... But, the guy owns MULTIPLE $10MM Ferraris. Radio hosts (minus Howard Stern) don't make squat here in the US.

I think he's an overpaid knob, but I can't blame him for doing well for himself.

However, if the BBC thinks he will be a suitable replacement for Clarkson, they are sorely mistaken.

Comment

I was getting bored of him anyway about time they had a change he just comes out with the same old s***

Comment

Working...
                                X