UrS6 Broken pedal box + clutch master cylinder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, it’s just him mild steel.
    I would start with an adjustable spanner with a hefty screwdriver through the hole in the end of the handle. The adjustable can be set as quite a tight fit on the sheet steel. A few tweaks and twists and it’ll be straight.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Great tips once again Not had time to go near the car yet to bend it back into shape. At least it sounds do-able from Macspring and Newsh. It is thin steel i'm surprised it lasted 160k miles

Another point is on closer inspection i think my master cylinder is fine. Because the shaft was moving out of line with cylinder i thought it had broken. Didn't realise it was a ball fitment on the shaft so can move around which makes sense right enough. It goes into the cylinder with just hand pressure and returns itself.

So why i suddenly had no clutch remains a slight concern. I hope it's just that the broken pedal box bent so far that eventually it wouldn't function. If not, i hope i've not got another problem. Anyway sort pedal box and refit and go from there.
      1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
      X